PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Off Road lights

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 12:19 PM
Default Off Road lights

Need some input here guys. I'm contemplating adding a couple of offroad lights on my brush guard now that the vendor finally shipped the darn thing. Need some suggestions as to what to go with or if there are any good pre-assembled kits for a good price.

As always, any and all input greatly appreciated!

Old 03-31-2007, 01:47 AM
Default RE: Off Road lights

Good deal.....That bad boy will change the entire look of your rig.

As far as the lights, I've had great success with KC's over the years.

I've used thier spots, flood and driving lights and never had them let me down.

Just pay close attention to your mounting depth and how they attach to the guard ! !

Some lights just wont stay adjusted if they have a poorly designed mount.

That is the only complaint I have on the KC Slim Lites I have now...They areeasy to knock out of adjustment.

For comparisons sake, Four Wheel Parts has a good selection and the occasional special.

Good luck and as always, post some pics when you are done.

Old 04-01-2007, 03:32 AM

I have used several different offroad lights in everywhere from Baja MX, Nome AK, Moab UT,Some ^&$hole Chile, Kennecot Mines and now Iraqand I personally don't like KC after several attempts to use them as a serious off road light. I have found that a good quality HID is the only answer on the market today. Having used several of those I can say that the best quality for the best price I have found anywhere is made by ACRO HID, they aren't ascostly as your highest end HID lights but put off more light thanall of them, cheap or expensive,and I've beat them to death and they keep going. I love them so much I thought about trying to market them online or something but since I work for a company that keeps me extremely busy breaking offroad, construction, farming, towing, trucking, and miningequipment, and then fixing it in the most extreme environments, I don't have time. I can tell you where I buy them. I'm sure you can find a higher class store online and I would too except this guy is down the streetand is an old buddy (he always buysme a beer anytime we meet at the only local brewery and I trust him as a friend. I'll post his info after I call him and ask.

Old 04-01-2007, 04:08 AM

Desertrat: I never heard of those lights until you brought them up.
Checked them out online...and DAMN those are some nice lights.
For the $300 ot $350 each as advertised.....I would expect them to be as tough as you describe.
Nice styling and the mounting system looks rock solid.
If I had deeper pockets or if my wheeling took place inharsher environments, I might could justifiy a set.
For now, I guess I'll just stick with my good old redneck KC's......

Thanks for the info....I'll have to add them to my WISH LIST.....
[align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=left]

[align=center]
X930 - HID
Off Road Lights - ACRO

[hr]
[/align]
[align=center][/align][/align]

Old 04-01-2007, 04:15 AM

Okay my buddy said go ahead and list his info. I might not be able to keep it up long, forums are famous for removing personal info. His company name is United Supply, his phone number is 435-231-4179, his website sucks www.myunitedsupply.biz, he's a dumb$@# because I think he couldmake alot of moneyif he would fix up his site and really try to sell them online and I couldn't even find a page that showed these lights. He said He would sell and ship to the US but most of his buisiness is local. They are a great light and I think every rig should have them, as long as the drivers are smart enough to TURNTHEM OFF for oncoming traffic or only use them offroad. They also have a handheld flashlight/spotlight that is more powerful than any plug in spot light I have ever used and has a great battery life and great "shooting" distance. I have taken down"vermin"at over 700 yds on a pitch black night with one assisting me.

Old 04-01-2007, 04:42 AM

Well Gunner I'm kinda opinionated andredneck myselfbut I happen to like to see 24/7 and would probably get good lights before I get a good lift, winch, beadlocks etc. I've had a ton ofall of the aboveand used them hard but I've seen more stock or close to stock vehicles come in first or second because of a smart driver and determination than any lift, winch or beadlock, but we all have to see. I know they are damn, i mean *&#%, costly but I have used them for 2 to 2.5 yrs now and I can't imagine being without them. That flashlight stays with me in every situation. I have had to bribeborder officals elswhere on earth to get them to let me bring them "in country" and would do it again just to make sure it was with me. I grew up with 36,000 acres of farm and ranch land to help take care of and when I can break away I still go "home" and the best times still are to go out and do some nighttime rodent ridding (&^%$@ jackrabbits). I can't tell you all the things I use the flashlight for but it kicks @$$. Anyway I like 'em.