PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Off-Road Event: June 1rst - Smith's Point Park staging area, NY/NJ

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2008, 08:07 PM
Default RE: NY/NJ- LI HUMMERS - plant a tree?

Hello,
Yes, I'm interested in the toys for tots, food drives or any functions to that contribute towards the needy.
Although I don't off road but would glady participate as a Hummer enthusiast in any of these charitable functions. Reasonable location and Schedule permitting. Please keep me posted!
Safari Hummer H2

Old 04-27-2008, 06:40 AM

yeah theres a fee to run the beach, i think 35 bucks for a day pass or 75 and you can go on all year round, this would be a great spot to meet all year so i would recomend buying a full year pass, its a 2 mile stretch of beach, its great fun for the family. i dont know about planting trees though, its state land they would prob not let us plant trees. its off of the long island expressway so getting there is easy if you have a nav it may be in points of interest, if not take the william floyd parkway allllllllllll the way south and there you are you guys let me know when you want to do it, sgt and i will orginize it

Old 04-27-2008, 01:51 PM

hi
Not planting trees there..... We buy a package to plant trees. Or we can buy Carbon credits...

I think we can meet there at 11 ? Sun june 1...

I am leaving from NYC so I will take LIE straight there?..

Do you have morei info like and exact address and tel and where we all meet.

Is there a place to wash downt the trucks after... have you ever done it w your Hummer.

Any one on the forum have an suggestions>??
SaffairHummerH2 if your there join us for lunch and I will have the forms for the tree planting..
I have the pdf link in the other posts...

If any one can't make it try to plant a tree and we can say its from NYHC ( new YORK HUMMER CLUB)?

Old 04-28-2008, 10:04 AM

i havent had the 08 on the bech yet but my 05 cruised nice didnt even let air out of my tires, sum june 1 is a go!

Old 04-28-2008, 10:34 AM
Default RE: NY/NJ- LI HUMMERS - plant a tree- beach run

Yes - So here we go!!!!

On June 1 at 11 am - NYHC ( New York Hummer Club) will be hosting a beach run .
My self and H2guy8878 will be hosting it...

besides a beach run we hope to plant trees ( not there-) LOL .....the link is on the posts.

As I get more info I will post , it...

We hope to see a lot of HUMMER there!! This will be my first offroading event...YEAH!!!

Old 04-28-2008, 11:14 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: NY/NJ- LI HUMMERS - plant a tree- beach run

Is this Final? If it is, I'll reformat it and move it as a pin-up to the top.

Old 04-28-2008, 12:24 PM
Default RNY/NJ- LI HUMMERS -plant a tree- beach run

i just need to hear back from h2guy and then we should be good to go..

Thank you ..

Old 04-28-2008, 05:11 PM
Default RE: RNY/NJ- LI HUMMERS -plant a tree- beach run

Hey guys I was just doing some research and found some rules regarding driving on the sand and beach here they are.

http://www.co.suffolk.ny.us/webtemp3...10&id=2252

[ul][*]Suffolk County Residents must have a valid Suffolk County Parks Green Key card and carry it with them while utilizing Suffolk County Parks or Beaches, or tourist rates will apply.[*]Vehicles must have a valid recreational vehicle use permit affixed to the driver’s side front bumper, or entry will be denied.[*]All vehicles must carry the following equipment: jack, jackboard, shovel, rope, chain or snap line, fire extinguisher, spare tire, tire gauge, flashlight, first aid kit, and a portable air compressor or air tank.[*]All outer beach campers must be self-contained. Defined as: Camper containing a built-in flushable toilet with a built in holding tank with a minimum capacity of 5 gallons. Camper must also contain a built-in sink with a minimum of a 5 gallon potable water tank and a minimum 5 gallon soiled water holding tank.[*]Camping is limited to a maximum of 7 consecutive nights. A camper staying four (4) nights or more may not return for a period of (7) nights from the time of check out. A camper staying one to three (1 to 3) nights, may not return for two (2) nights.[*]No alcoholic beverages.[*]No ground fires. All fires must be contained in an approved metal container. Campfire size should not be larger than the container (maximum size – 1/2 of 55 gal. drum). CCA or treated lumber, construction debris and pallets are prohibited for use as firewood. Firewood should be clean and free of nails, screws or any sharp objects. On sites where fire rings are provided, no other fire containers will be permitted. Ashes must be disposed of as directed by park personnel. Do not bury ashes.[*]Only marked cuts, roads, entrances and exits are to be used. No driving on dunes, swails or vegetation.[*]Driving in bird nesting areas is prohibited. Check with park personnel for updates.[*]Speed limit – 10 MPH Strictly enforced.[*]Each trailer must have own tow vehicle and upon check-in must provide an emergency phone number where owner can be reached in case of an emergency.[*]All vehicle passengers must wear seatbelts.[*]All garbage to be placed in receptacles at Outer Beach entrance. No dumping, burning, or burying of trash is permitted.[*]All vehicles (including campers) must park perpendicular to dune line at least 10’ from toe of the dune facing the water.[*]Ruts and holes caused by stuck vehicle must be filled in and debris removed.[*]Permits will be revoked for violations.[*]All park camping rules for inland parks also apply.[*]Campers may register between 8:00 am – 9:00 pm only. [/ul]

Old 04-28-2008, 07:24 PM

so basically items 1-3 urhhhhhh - you mean wer're up river w them ..?

Old 04-29-2008, 04:38 AM

Im not sure how strict they are,but they state it on their site. I have never went wheelin on the beach.
I would hate to have people turned back cause of lack of few items that they have as madatory.

Quick Reply: Off-Road Event: June 1rst - Smith's Point Park staging area, NY/NJ