PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Off-Road Event: [THCI] June 26th-29th - Rausch Creek, PA

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 11:39 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: June 26th-29th THCI trip at Rausch Creek

Trey I am doing the same thing. I am trying to push the Club. I can go run Borrega, Mojave, Hungry Valley, Red Rock, etc with friends for next to nothing. It is hard to sell THCI with rates like that for events. I know Glen is pushing to change this. You know that the club is changing directions but like turning an aircraft carrier it takes a little time.

Old 06-02-2008, 07:16 AM

I've had numerous talks with Glen and I like the direction he is trying to take the club. He has great ideas for the club,I know it's hard to please everyone. I"m willing to hang in there just to represent all the H3ers that want to wheel with the big boys.

Old 06-02-2008, 09:42 AM

Have any of you ever been to Rausch Creek?

Old 06-02-2008, 10:25 AM

At $300 a couple I would go. I really wanted to go to this event and I know that at $300 per couple if my wife would not go my dad might or a buddy might. I am beginning to think that someone wants to keep this a Millionare's Hummer Club. Makes me start to understand why Jeepers Stereotype us Hummer guys.

Old 06-02-2008, 10:33 AM
Super Moderator

Every stereotype has a base in fact but I know a lot of H1 owners that are a long way from Rich...they just love the truck and what it can do and adjust their activities and lives accordingly. I know a lot of H1 owners that do all the wrenching on their rigs because they can't afford to have the Hummer mechanics do it...all for the love of the truck and wheeling it. The last THCI event I went to had 12 H1s. We had a plumber, a male nurse ( 10th Anniv. Edition ) a heavy equipment operator, a welder, etc there as H1 owners. Probably a couple of guys would have fit the stereotype but the vast majority absolutely did not fit it. Stereotypes die hard so it will take time but if you go to many THCI events you will see what I am talking about.

Old 06-02-2008, 10:52 AM

3Hummers I hear ya man. Seeing as how I am new to owning a Hummer (Sept 07)I am still trying to learnmore about the club etcc...I have heard this stereotype from other offroaders. And there is no doubt some truths to it. It really makes me sad. I have no doubt that there truly some down to earth everyday people in the club. I just think that there should be more consideration for the everyday individual's budget when planning these events. I understand that the Hummer Club wants everything to be top notch but not everyone can afford "top notch".

For me $250/Head is just absurd. Yeah I an afford to go by myself. But I would want to bring someone with me as well. And I know for a fact my wife is not going to let me spend $250 on her when she really could care less to go. And how do I sell $250 to a buddy when they are really only along for the ride?

If you want to build a club into something and keep these events I would think it would be smart to offer 2 packages.

A regular package that only offers paid dinner and admission.

A premium package that offers t-shrit, breakfast, lunch, dinner

Or Make things alacart. Just a suggestion

Old 06-02-2008, 11:07 AM

I've seen it all. At the last THCI event I was told by a bunch of H1ers that I shouldn't even bothered to show p in my H3. In fact I have a copy of the trail map if anyone wants proof, they event orginizer listed H1 trails (Black), H1 trails (Blue), and H2 trails. No mention of any H3 trails. I met my first billionare there and guess what you wouldn't have known this guy had money. Out of the remaining 8 H1s there only 2 of them would even talk to me or anyone else that had an H3.
Thursday and Friday we had to run the same trail over and over again since it was the only one that the H3 could go on. I had to leave Sat. morning so I didn't get to see what they did that day.
Bottom line is that I still had fun, because it's what you make of it. Would I have drove 12 hours to go there if I knew it was really only H1 event...the answer is no. The Hummer Club, Inc. should have posted that this was only an H1/H2 event or have been more receptive to the H3s.

Old 06-02-2008, 11:19 AM
Super Moderator

My first THCI event I showed up in my H2. Nothing as overt as that but the H1 guys were a little off to themselves. I am not a particularly shy person so I ignored the clique and barged right in. Turned out to be pretty nice guys. They did think more highly of their H1s than they did the H2 or H3 but not of the people that drove them. I looked at it like being in a car club. I used be in NCCC and NCRS. When we did a community car show I hung out with the other Corvette guys because that was the common link. I didn't have anything against the Chargers, Mustangs or their owners I just stayed in the group I had the most in common with. I don't think that is snobbery.

Old 06-03-2008, 06:06 PM
Super Moderator

I miss Harold....

We asked him if he hated the H2's... he looked me square in the face and told me that if I had a front locker I could follow his Alpha anywhere he could take it.....

Old 06-03-2008, 07:22 PM

Yeah! And if you didn't have front lockers he was still willing to be a trail leader with a bunch of H2's and H3's. He knew what the Club was about!

Quick Reply: Off-Road Event: [THCI] June 26th-29th - Rausch Creek, PA