PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

OEM Tonneau Cover For the H1 Soft-Top

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 09:57 PM
Default OEM Tonneau Cover For the H1 Soft-Top

Greetings from Arizona:

This is my first post on this forum. I've posted an identical inquiry on another Hummer forum but, have yet to receive a reply.

I'm hoping that some of the guys and gals on this forum are a little more knowledgeable and willing to help.

I have a question regarding a certain set of dimensions on the OEM Tonneau Cover for an H1 Soft-Top.

During the past ten years or so I've worked on and around Hummer H1 as a part of my job. In all that time I've never had
any reason to inquire regarding these dimensions until now.

What I would like to know are the exact measurements from the front edge of the Tonneau Cover to the center of the hole that
accommodates the roll bar. Also; the measurement from the side edge of the Tonneau Cover to the center of that same hole.

I actually just recently sold the Tonneau Cover pictured below but, It never occurred to me to write down the dimensions I'm looking for now.
I had no reason to until one of my former customers asked me to make him up a color-matched Tonneau Cover for his 1999 H1. Unfortunately for me,
his Hummer H1 was shipped to Canada a while back.

I have an old used OEM Tonneau Cover that was made to fit the four-door hard top H1 but, it doesn't have the holes on either side because it has
no roll bars extending back to the bed. It is dimensionally the same as the Soft-Top's Tonneau Cover but without the holes.

Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your courteous rely.

In the event that your Soft-Top doesn't have a Tonneau Cover, the same dimensions I'm looking for can be gotten by measuring from the front edge of the bed to the front and rear edges of the roll bar. Then from the side edge of the bed to the outside edge of the roll bar.

I've noticed that most vehicles -including H1's- have tolerances that vary slightly from vehicle to vehicle.

If at all possible, I'd like to get these same sets of measurements from as many of you that would care to help out. This way I could kind of gauge the tolerances and allow for minor differences.

Thanks in advance for your time and help.

Upholstryguy.

Attached Thumbnails OEM Tonneau Cover For the H1 Soft-Top-measurments-.jpg  
Old 06-16-2010, 10:43 PM
Super Moderator

My OT is at the dealership or I would measure for you now.

Old 06-17-2010, 09:18 AM

Hi 3Hummers:

And many thanks for replying to my post.

Perhaps when your vehicle gets out of the shop you can forward those measurements.?

I had to deliver some parts I'd worked on to a customer yesterday morning. While I was out I took the time to check out the dealerships that usually have Hummer H1's on their lots.

It seems like when you're not looking for them, you see H1's all over the place.
There was none to be found yesterday; and I even checked the Hummer dealership where I used to work.

I left word with some of my friends that work there to give me a call if or when they get a Soft-Top in the shop for repairs. If or when they ever do get a Soft-Top in I can drive over and take some measurements.

In the mean time, I'm still hoping to get some input from as many of the Hummer H1 owners on this forum as well as the other Hummer forum I eluded to in my initial post.

Thanks again for your reply. It was a glimmer of hope.

Upholstryguy