PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

O.E.M. Light bar installation?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 11:09 AM
Default O.E.M. Light bar installation?

Hey, just found a hummer light bar that was an option from the dealer.
I have a light switch in my overhead console. Does everyone have it pre- installed or did mine actually come with a light bar that was missing when I bought it? also how do you get the wires into the vehicle? do they fit inbetween the running lights behind the headliner?

Old 01-09-2013, 10:08 PM

I believe the switch is for that option, did you try pulling it out to see if there is a wiring harness attached to it?

Old 01-09-2013, 10:17 PM
Default light bar

Originally Posted by H2CANEPADESIGN
Hey, just found a hummer light bar that was an option from the dealer.
I have a light switch in my overhead console. Does everyone have it pre- installed or did mine actually come with a light bar that was missing when I bought it? also how do you get the wires into the vehicle? do they fit inbetween the running lights behind the headliner?
Congratulations on the find !

The light switch on the overhead console could mean that your unit might have had it for the light bar overhead next to the sunroof OR that switch could have been used for the fog lights on the brush guard in the front grille area. Hard to tell exactly with the limited info provided.

My unit did not have either off road accessories but I too was able to locate a light bar for the roof and had to do some serious researching to make it work. Mounting the light bar was the easy part, getting it wired was the tougher issue.

I first looked up my H2 parts files for the OEM harness. These are hard to find and in the end since I had all the info on how they were connected and where OEM harness would go, I decided to get some loom and wire and make my own harness. I cut the OEM connector at the light bar because mine was too worn out and cracked from the sun and just soldered my wiring to the wires on the light bar then covered them more with a larger piece of wire loom and tucked it away under the left mount.

I ran the wires down the left "A" pillar to the dash for power. Then of course made sure the relay was properly fused and grounded. You should be able to connect to the switch in the overhead console.

Best of luck !