PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Now Thats A DOG!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 07:41 PM
Default RE: Now Thats A DOG!!!

Big Dog [/align][/align]

Hercules: The World's Biggest Dog Ever According to Guinness World Records[/align][/align]Hercules was recently awarded the honorable distinction of Worlds Biggest Dog by Guinness World Records. Hercules is an English Mastiff and who has a 38 inch neck and weighs 282 pounds. With "paws the size of softballs" (reports the Boston Herald), the three-year-old monster is far larger and heavier than his breed's standard 200lb. limit. [/align]Hercules owner Mr. Flynn says that Hercules weight is natural and not induced by a bizarre diet: "I fed him normal food and he just "grew"... and grew. and grew. and grew.[/align][/align]Kell --- Slightly Smaller, But the World's Heaviest Dog [/align]Hercules' sheer volume may have won him the Largest Dog world record, but the Heaviest Dog title still rests with Kell who weighed in at 286 pounds in August of
1999. This English Mastiff, however, only has a 32-inch neck - far less than Hercules' 38-incher. Think about that for a second though - 32 inches is a standard waist size for a man! Proud owner Tom Scott said Kell is two years old and is expected to continue to grow for the next two years. Kell needs to be fed 100lb of [/align]beef every week, and drinks gallons of goats' milk to stay healthy.[/align]

Old 04-12-2007, 11:21 PM

WOW! That is a BIG dog!! I'd love to have a dog that big, he'd be fun to wrestle around with. [8D] Except he'd prolly win!!!

Old 04-13-2007, 02:21 AM
JM

The Neapolitan Mastiff's Physical Characteristics Here are some of the characteristics of the Neapolitan Mastiff breed as determined by the American Kennel Club's published breed standard. [ul][*]Size: Males: 26-31 inches, 150 pounds; females: 24-29 inches, 110 pounds[*]Coat: short, dense, uniformly less than inch-long and smooth hairs[*]Color: gray/blue, black, mahogany, tan.[*]Eyes: deep-set beneath drooping lids, amber or brown according to coat color[*]Ears: set well above cheekbones[*]Muzzle: 1/3 the length of the head, roughly as broad as long[*]Nose: large, with well-opened nostrils, same color as coat[*]Tail: wide and thick at base and tapered to tip.[/ul]

Old 04-13-2007, 03:41 AM

Yeah, I wouldn't want him crapping in my yard.., not to mentionthe cost of feeding him.But he's cool looking!

That's to sort of dog that takes over your chair and the remote, and there isn't anything you can do about it.. LOL. You're not going to pick him up and toss him on the rug like a poodle.

Old 04-13-2007, 04:20 AM

ORIGINAL: RichS

ORIGINAL: JM

ORIGINAL: blackstangs281

Worlds largest dog.

C'mon, this is a MASTINO NAPOLETANO.
I had one of those a few years back and it was less than half that size.
good PHOTOSHOP work.

[IMG]local://upfiles/1245/AC2D716F947C401BA3B4E49C445085C1.jpg[/IMG]
Yes it is a Mastino Napoletano, it is an Italian breed and it is pronounced Neaploitan Mastiff in English,aka Italian Mastiff, or just Neo. I've never seen one half the size of this dog (unless it was a puppy).If any one has seen a mastiff of any breed in person, well these are a lot bigger!Don't get me wrong this is bigger than average, but I have seen them this big. It is not uncommon for them to grow well over 3 feet and be 200+lbs. I breed English Bulldogs and a fellow breeder breeds Neapolitan and Bordeaux Mastiffs. They are the sweetest dogs. The only thing that I would say looks a little different from the norm is that he looks fat. I don't understand why anyone would Photoshop a pic of a dog to make him look6 inches bigger it doesn't make any sense. Now if it was a Jack Russell I would be crying "Photoshop!"

[sm=americanasmiley.gif]
Definately Photoshop, the dogs shadow is the same shadow as the horse someone just cloned the shadow over + there is a blur line all around the dog when you look at it in photochop! Nice try!
http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/hercules.asp

This information is accuratewas once recognized as the world's heaviest dog, with that title later passing to but doesn't have any connection to the dog shown in the photograph displayed above, which appears to be a Neopolitan/Mastiff (rather than an English Mastiff) that has been digitally inserted into the image.

Btw: Dennis the lady picture is a photchop job also http://www.snopes.com/photos/people/tallwoman.asp

Old 04-13-2007, 06:42 AM

ORIGINAL: JM

The Neapolitan Mastiff's Physical Characteristics Here are some of the characteristics of the Neapolitan Mastiff breed as determined by the American Kennel Club's published breed standard.
[ul][*]Size: Males: 26-31 inches, 150 pounds; females: 24-29 inches, 110 pounds[*]Coat: short, dense, uniformly less than inch-long and smooth hairs[*]Color: gray/blue, black, mahogany, tan.[*]Eyes: deep-set beneath drooping lids, amber or brown according to coat color[*]Ears: set well above cheekbones[*]Muzzle: 1/3 the length of the head, roughly as broad as long[*]Nose: large, with well-opened nostrils, same color as coat[*]Tail: wide and thick at base and tapered to tip.[/ul]
Yeah the AKC also says that Bulldogs should weigh 35 lbs. but I've never had any that weigh less than 45 and some over 65. If you do your research you will find many breeders with dogs over 36 inches and over 200lbs. I think the pics are real, but you don't have to. As far as the shadow goes, it doesn't look like the horses to me, and the light source is right on. Let's just agree to disagree. [sm=lol.gif]

[sm=americanasmiley.gif]