PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Non-stop problems with my truck.. need suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 01:36 PM
Default Non-stop problems with my truck.. need suggestions?

Hey guys -

So I've had major problems with my truck during it's history. It's a 2007 H3 w/ luxury package. It's my first newly purchased truck and was expecting a lot more than it has done.

First it started with the brakes. I had a major grinding noise going on which the dealership said it was just the rotors and grinded them down. Then it moved on to the transmission completely dying where I couldn't even switch gears at about 7,000 miles. They ended up taking the vehicle for 2 weeks to replace the transmission. After this I called GM they blew me off and all they did for me was give me a smart parts coverage package that expired at 30,000 miles for free oil changes at the dealership. Since the transmission change, I have had numerous electrical problems, the seat heaters don't even work, the dealership fixes them and they go out 2 days later. Additionally, I have constant misfires when the car is idling to the point that the check engine light comes on and the car is shaking. The dealership said they replaced a coil on one of the cylinders but the issue is still occurring.
On top of this, I've just noticed a leak through the on-star microphone during one of the heavy rains we got where the microphone was dripping water some how, which I have not had looked at yet.

At this point I'm so frustrated because I thought I was buying a solid car that would hold up for a long time, that I wouldn't have to deal with issues like this. I worked hard to be able to afford a truck like this and it's showing like a complete waste for me to deal with all these aggravations.

What do I do at this point? Do I go through the hassle and call GM again and see if I can get an exchange or something of that nature? Can I trade this truck? What do you guys suggest.. just looking for some insight as I'm just extremely, extremely frustrated at this point.

Sorry for the rant and thank you for reading. Thank you very much in advance for any insight you can offer..

Regards,
Nick

Old 01-11-2010, 01:56 PM

Make a stink. Take it to twitter if you have to. The dealership should be taking good care of you and ensuring your vehicle is functioning as you expect.

I had nothing but excellent experiences with Hummer servicing over the course of ownership. All of that has been on the West Coast (LA & Nevada).

Step one is your dealership. No satisfaction there then make a stink to GM/ Hummer. As the saying goes the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Originally Posted by Nick119
Hey guys -

So I've had major problems with my truck during it's history. It's a 2007 H3 w/ luxury package. It's my first newly purchased truck and was expecting a lot more than it has done.

First it started with the brakes. I had a major grinding noise going on which the dealership said it was just the rotors and grinded them down. Then it moved on to the transmission completely dying where I couldn't even switch gears at about 7,000 miles. They ended up taking the vehicle for 2 weeks to replace the transmission. After this I called GM they blew me off and all they did for me was give me a smart parts coverage package that expired at 30,000 miles for free oil changes at the dealership. Since the transmission change, I have had numerous electrical problems, the seat heaters don't even work, the dealership fixes them and they go out 2 days later. Additionally, I have constant misfires when the car is idling to the point that the check engine light comes on and the car is shaking. The dealership said they replaced a coil on one of the cylinders but the issue is still occurring.
On top of this, I've just noticed a leak through the on-star microphone during one of the heavy rains we got where the microphone was dripping water some how, which I have not had looked at yet.

At this point I'm so frustrated because I thought I was buying a solid car that would hold up for a long time, that I wouldn't have to deal with issues like this. I worked hard to be able to afford a truck like this and it's showing like a complete waste for me to deal with all these aggravations.

What do I do at this point? Do I go through the hassle and call GM again and see if I can get an exchange or something of that nature? Can I trade this truck? What do you guys suggest.. just looking for some insight as I'm just extremely, extremely frustrated at this point.

Sorry for the rant and thank you for reading. Thank you very much in advance for any insight you can offer..

Regards,
Nick

Old 01-11-2010, 07:59 PM

Can't help with the electrical issue but the water leak is probably the drains on the sunroof plugged up.

Old 01-11-2010, 08:15 PM

If it was me I'd go find a different dealer because it sounds like the one you're going to is too ignorant to handle the problems you're having, and if the next one can't figure it out then go to another until you find one that can. When you find one that is competent stick with them because it's worth it. You may also want to go and find the service manager and make some noise with him as that seems to help sometimes, just try to be nice when you do as that usually helps. There is also a number to call where you used to be able to open a case with Hummer for these problems but I don't know if it's still good. Post this up over on the HummerXClub as there are some guys over there that know their way around getting service out of service depts.

Old 01-12-2010, 08:06 AM

You can find a number in the large manual for customer Arbitration to call, at least ford had one and when i called, it went right to Detroit. when i called, they put up a stink for not going back to the dealer but i told the person on the phone if i went back to the dealer i would make a large ugly scene. The rep. called the dealer and the dealer called me back. Dealers do no want to get calls from detroit or other places with customer complaints so find a consumer # in the manual and bitch to them! i would also have a dealer do an Oasis check or run the Vin# to see what kind of service work the previous owner had done. Keep in mind every brand and every model has a Problem child that comes off the assembley line. mine was no bargain either. at 660 miles on the odometer i experienced Transmission failure which was fixed under warranty and has been good for 8,000 miles so far.

Old 01-12-2010, 11:28 AM

You also might check your state's "lemon law". In many states after some number of serious problems with a new vehicle, the dealer/manufacturer may be required to provide a remedy such as a complete replacement or refund or something else. May not help but it's worth looking into in addition to the other good advice.