PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

No Spare Tire??!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 01:08 PM
Default No Spare Tire??!!

New Hummer H2 owner here.....

When I purchased this H2, I didn't even think about it at first, thinking later, that maybe the spare was *under* the truck near the rear, but, now, upon further inspection, I find no spare tire at all!

When I bought, this H2 had Nitto Extreme Mud Grappler tires on it, 22", and possibly that might be why there is no spare, I'm not completely sure. Because I hated the "ride and sound" of the Nitto's, I have replaced them with Mickey Thompson's, and the ride and sound is much smoother and quiter, and since I do not plan to do any "mud grappling", I don't think I will miss the Nitto's.

Now, I guess I am left with what to do about no spare tire. I don't even see where a spare tire should have been. There appears to be no hardware, no missing hardware, nothing at all that would indicate where any hardware would have been.

I have a 2008, and it has the luxury package, so there is a Rear View Camera system if that is important as to where a spare tire would mount. There is a 3rd row seat, so I don't know if it should sit sideways behind the 3rd row, but, if so, that takes nearly all my cargo space.....

Any help here guys and gals? What should I do about this? My wife says I should challange the dealership about this, but, I'm not so sure they are going to accept responsibility.

Thanks for any help you can provide. I've attached the best photo I have with me....

Attached Thumbnails No Spare Tire??!!-2361431401.jpg  
Old 03-29-2011, 06:20 PM

I am certainly no expert, I drive an H3, but I have driven several H2s and they had the spare behind the rear seat or on a tire carrier behind the rear door.

You might ask the dealer what happened to the spare. He might say "tough luck" or he might try to help out. You have nothing to lose either way.

Old 03-30-2011, 06:31 PM

Well, thanks guys, this one turned out to be an easy fix.

I bought my H2 from a dealership in Kansas City, MO, but, it was in their automotive group at a dealership in Cary, NC. When they loaded it on the car hauler, they said it would not fit with the spare tire and carrier on the rear of the H2. SO THEY SAY. BUT, all the photos, of the H2, they posted online, there is no spare tire anywhere, so, I hope, this REALLY is the right spare, with the SAME wheels my H2 has.....since it has 22" XD Series wheels.......it's not like a factory spare will do the trick...

They are going to ship it to my house. Then, I am supposed to be able to take it to any Cadiallac dealer and have it put on, since I bought it at a Cadillac place, and it's under Extended Factory Warranty......We shall see what happens.....Thanks.

Old 03-31-2011, 03:54 PM

Good luck.