PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

no power and bogging

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2010, 10:02 AM
Unhappy no power and bogging

So i was driving home last night and my 06 h3 lost power. it didn't shut off but it has 0 torque now. i can barely get it above 30 mph and it loses speed going up hills. there are no check engine lights on. i called Onstar and they ran there diagnostics and found nothing. Anyone have any ideas of what i can check before i make a trip to the dealership. Its been rainy and cold here for the last 2 days so im guessing something is wet.

Old 02-13-2010, 01:22 PM

dropped it off to the dealer a little while ago. no check engine light, it idles perfectly. you have to floor it going up small inclines and it sounds like a 4 barrel carb when its floored just without the power. i saw a little white residue in the oil filler cap but nothing in the oil on the dipstick. the residue in the cap bothers me but it has been really cold wet and rainy in Florida the last couple days. i wont know anything until Monday. i hate waiting. the service guy said hed do what he could do.

Old 02-13-2010, 09:48 PM

W/O Check engine lights I couldn't imagine what's wrong with it... Maybe something tranny related... if it's idling good but WOT and nothing must mean power isnt getting to the tires... interested to hear whats what... keep us posted

Old 02-15-2010, 03:41 PM

i rolled the truck in my driveway in neatral with no binding, its not in the drivetrain. its something with a censor or motor

I talked to the tech who was working on my truck, he said he couldnt find anything wrong with it today??? then he asked if i ever heard a rattle when i first started it up. NO not really was my response. he says the CAT may be bad and they are replacing it under warranty??? the truck isnt in warranty unless gm has extended it for some reason. ive only had the truck 6 months and it has 55000 miles on it. the cost of the cat is $800 and i never okayed it so i dont know where they are seeing this warranty at but its cool with me. This was an all at once power loss i had, ive dealt with bad cats before and they are different. something must have gotten wet and dried out sitting in the dealership for a couple days. I wont get my truck back until thursday but i will keep anyone who is following this thread informed about the final verdict.

Old 02-15-2010, 04:13 PM

Cats are covered by a federal 8 year or 80,000 mile warranty I think.

Old 02-15-2010, 05:29 PM

A sufficiently dirty fuel filter will cause exactly what you describe. How many miles since you changed the filter?

Old 02-15-2010, 05:43 PM

I've never changed it, it still has the original for all i know i haven't driven the truck 6000 miles and it seemed pretty well taken care of. guess i will see Thursday. the mechanic drove it twice today and it ran perfect for him.

Is there really a warranty on the Cat?

So far pretty happy with the dealer, except for the fact they haven't fixed anything yet. i guess i will really know on Thursday.

Old 02-24-2010, 11:37 AM

Got my H3 back last week, the dealer changed the cat under warranty. Monday when they started the truck it ran perfect?? still dont know what happened and i think something fishy happened with all the rain. I towed my boat this weekend and drove about 2 tanks of fuel sice i got it back with no issues. Im working with hummer to see about gettng the dealer to add the GM certified warranty. the trip to the dealer only cost me an oilchange. SO far im liking the BFG's they are quiet on the Interstate and ride pretty nice

Stock

BFG 285's added and leveled

Old 02-24-2010, 01:46 PM

did the leveling kit void anything on your warranty and since your in florida, what dealer do u take your h3 too?

Old 02-24-2010, 05:10 PM

which octane gas are you using?

Quick Reply: no power and bogging