PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

No more Hummer Laptops

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 05:28 AM
Default No more Hummer Laptops

The company is only making their brand of laptops now. I use to have a rugged tablet PC from the military. It was a DI-5 that some how got out into the civi world. Sold on ebay real quick.

The Latest on the Hummer® Laptop

Thank You for your interest in the HUMMER® Laptop. On March 31st 2007, this product was discontinued and replaced with its industrial-grade equivalent—the GoBook VR-1. Click here to view the end-of-life announcement (733K, PDF) for this product.
If you are interested in the toughest semi-rugged notebook in the market, please click this link for information on the GoBook® VR-1.
If you purchased a HUMMER® Laptop and require service or support, please click the following link to contact our service and support representatives.
If you are seeking HUMMER® Laptop drivers and downloads, please click the following link to download the latest drivers and system updates

Old 04-04-2007, 05:58 AM
Default RE: No more Hummer Laptops

Probably cause they were TOO EXPENSIVE!!!!

Old 04-04-2007, 11:45 AM

All rugged notebooks are Bob ... we bought a couple of HP ruggedbooks for when we do .. ."product" testing in the field and I think we spent damn near 6K each on those by the time everything was said and done. But in this case, I'd say you get what you pay for. I know we've destroyed quite a few Dell Lattitudes doing this kind of stuff and eventually it just makes more sense to spend the extra cash upfront and get something that will last more than 2 trips to the range ...

Old 04-04-2007, 11:47 AM

Itronix made the Hummer laptop. They still have a similar version just not the fancy red paint.

Old 04-05-2007, 01:25 AM

ORIGINAL: ZYNE

All rugged notebooks are Bob ... we bought a couple of HP ruggedbooks for when we do .. ."product" testing in the field and I think we spent damn near 6K each on those by the time everything was said and done. But in this case, I'd say you get what you pay for. I know we've destroyed quite a few Dell Lattitudes doing this kind of stuff and eventually it just makes more sense to spend the extra cash upfront and get something that will last more than 2 trips to the range ...
Oh...I had no idea....I thought it was an AVERAGE Laptop with the HUMMER name and a $4500 price tag!!!