PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

The next Big Thing: INVISIBLE BLING!

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 12:52 AM
Default RE: The next Big Thing: INVISIBLE BLING!

Yes, you can wax it and it is recommended. Alan recommended Plexus plastic polish.

Since I'm in FL and the sun is pretty intense I want to use the highest SPF wax out there, any ideas?

Linus, I thought the hood pieces were pretty basic. I was thinking the obvious place to apply this was on the rear quarter panel facing forward. It sticks out so far that I'm sure the Adventure package front tires are kicking road debris directly at this panel, not to mention the bugs and road debris from the car ahead.

Alan is contacting the pattern supplier and see if he can get those pieces designed so he can apply them to my truck. I'll take more picture shortly to see if there is a difference. I'm not supposed to wash it for a couple days so I'll take pictures after I wash it and hopefully we can do the before and after.

Jeff

Old 07-15-2007, 03:24 AM

...scratches add character

ORIGINAL: Linus Gump

I wrapped my entireH3 in that stuff. It cost me about a grand, but it is better tha screwing up the paint with brush scratches

Old 07-15-2007, 07:17 AM

Yes, but they don't add value at the end of the lease.

Old 07-15-2007, 02:47 PM

I never trust a skinny chef.

Old 07-15-2007, 07:38 PM

THATS PRETTY COOL.

Old 07-17-2007, 09:05 AM
Default RE:

i've had this stuff on a previous 350Z and my last 3 bimmers......i think it's pretty decent stuff. i would agree, for the H3, the rear wheelfender flares would probably get the most benefit from this installation due to the trash the tires kick up (maybe also the doors), but not sure if the hood really would get much given the square dynamics. however, better safe than sorry. one thing to note, that when (and it will) get pitted by the misc road debris, it'll be slightly more noticeable but it is better than a big pit in your paint. waxing it will make it less noticeable and because it does allow some UV through it, when you take it off, it won't be less faded than the rest of the paint. hardest thing is to keep some of the dirt and wax build up from along the edges.

Old 07-17-2007, 09:16 AM
Default RE: RE:

I wish they had "Tear Off" windshields like NASCAR for those long trips. It would beat cleaning the bugs every time you stopped.

Yes, I would buy clear cover for the fenders. I wonder if we could interest anybody in making them for a group buy?

Old 07-17-2007, 10:01 AM

Tmoody - I think you're right about the hood piece, especially the area right behind the grille. I just installed a tubular brush guard and the top bar effectively blocks the trajectory of rocks and road debris from hitting the hood just behind the grille. At least the hood piece extends back to the middle of the fake hood vents so it does provide protection further back.

Vader - that is a good idea, I will check with Alan to see if he was able to source the pattern yet for the rear fender flares and what, if any, quantity pricing there would be.

Jeff

Old 07-17-2007, 10:05 AM

ORIGINAL: jng1226

Tmoody - I think you're right about the hood piece, especially the area right behind the grille. I just installed a tubular brush guard and the top bar effectively blocks the trajectory of rocks and road debris from hitting the hood just behind the grille. At least the hood piece extends back to the middle of the fake hood vents so it does provide protection further back.

Vader - that is a good idea, I will check with Alan to see if he was able to source the pattern yet for the rear fender flares and what, if any, quantity pricing there would be.

Jeff
Jeff,
I bet that would be a popular seller! Check it out for us.

Old 07-31-2007, 01:39 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: D VADER

ORIGINAL: jng1226

Jeff
Jeff,
I bet that would be a popular seller! Check it out for us.
Any new info on this jng1226? Please post it when youcan. I have front GM/Hummer splash guards on my Adventure, but the rear flares need more protection. Thanks.

Quick Reply: The next Big Thing: INVISIBLE BLING!