PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

New Year's Eve - What's your story?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2007, 12:25 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: New Year's Eve - What's your story?

Breathalizer in the car?? Why the hell should responsible people have to pay for the ones that can't control themselves??

What next?? Safer barriers on the highways just in case you have a flat tire??

ECM jamming if you use your cell phone?

People are meant to die when their time comes... it's life.

Old 12-31-2007, 12:29 PM

sorry , I don't agree....sadly the idiots drivingdrunk are never the ones who die....it's always the innocent mother of 3 or family of 4....I'd welcome the addition of mandatory breathalizers in cars in order to start them,,,,the idea is already in use for people who have had dui's. How are responsible people paying for this?!?! Insurance companies would be more than willing to foot the bill in order to save the millions that drunk drivers cost them every year. The only people I see having a problem with this are those that drive after drinking.

Old 12-31-2007, 12:31 PM

In CA they are putting these in to cars of repeat offenders.

Old 12-31-2007, 12:33 PM
Super Moderator

You said EVERYONE have them.... so why the hell should I have to pay for that in my car? My insurance company wouldn't pick that bill up... Like I said... I'm sure cell phones are costing insurance companies more than drunk drivers.... especially since most of them won't fix your car if you hit something... they only settle liability.

Old 12-31-2007, 12:35 PM

Your paying for a cat. coverter on your truck too so that a few trees don't die....

Old 12-31-2007, 12:38 PM
Super Moderator

and my insurance company doesn't give a rat ***.... so why do I need more **** on my car that doesn't affect how well it performs, i.e. Breathalizer?

besides.. what makes you think you couldn't have some kid on the corner blow into it? and then what??

Old 12-31-2007, 12:39 PM

DUI of drugs, alcohol, or even cell phone, It's all bad

This goes into effect next year in CA
California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger has signed legislation that prohibits the use of handheld mobile phones while driving in the state.

Effective July 1, 2008, the legislation prohibits drivers from using a wireless telephone while operating a motor vehicle unless the driver uses a hands-free device. Drivers who violate the law will face a base fine of $20 for a first offense and $50 for each subsequent offense.

The law allows drivers to use a wireless telephone for emergency purposes, drivers of commercial vehicles to use push-to-talk phones until July 1, 2011, and allow drivers of emergency response vehicles to use a cell phone without a hands-free device.

California joins Connecticut, the District of Columbia, New Jersey, New York, and some local jurisdictions in prohibiting the use of handheld mobile phones while driving.

Old 12-31-2007, 12:42 PM
Super Moderator

It's a primary offense here starting April 2008....

So.. Why wait so long?? on the NJ accident report there are two blocks specifically for was cell phone in use?? So why not make it effective Jan 1, 2008??

They decided that you can't fish on the bridge by me... and that went in effect in less than 30 days... but cell phones... let's wait 6 more ****ing months so that more people have a chance to T-Bone some stupid bitch yapping on her phonewhile she pulls out of the ****ing mall...

Old 12-31-2007, 12:42 PM

yea and in NJ it seems every time you pass a cop they are on the phone. I carry a phone jammer in my car...no one within 30 yards of me can use their phone....It's funny pulling up next to someone on the parkway and turning it on, then watch them flip out when they lose signal

Old 12-31-2007, 12:43 PM
Super Moderator

I wish I had one...

Quick Reply: New Year's Eve - What's your story?