PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

New/Used Hummer with a couple of issues?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2013, 06:38 PM

I have an 05 also and my drivers side doesn't fold in and out. I have to manually do it. It does make noise me it wants to close but it doesn't move. My passenger side mirror works fine. I will live with it for now. Don't feel like buying a new oem mirror.

The water leak is the light markers as posted and my bolts broke and fell into the manifold. That's a known issue with 05's.

Old 06-11-2013, 08:05 AM

Thanks for the info. I'll live with the mirror issue for awhile. Dumping money into other projects for the H2. I did order 10 roof lights to hopefully fix the leaks since my glue job didn't slow it down. I'm also replacing the deck for a double din nav with backup camera this week that I'll install myself. This is fun to me.

Old 06-11-2013, 01:10 PM
Default Roof Light Leaks

I just replaced all the roof lights on my truck as well. I'm about 99.99% sure that is where my leaks were coming from (in particular, the 3 in the middle-front.) I did use silicone to seal the one nearest the drivers door, but apparently there were other leaks from those 3 middle lights. When I popped off each lens, it was easy to see the seals were shot. They didn't use silicone from the factory -- and maybe I didn't need to, either -- but I did anyway.

Hopefully we'll get a really good downpour here in the next day or two and I'll know for sure.

Old 06-12-2013, 07:08 PM

Seal all of your roof lights. Silicone is cheap. Your bolts will be fine as long as no more of them break. I have two on one side of my 5.3 L Tahoe exhaust manifold and they seal up once the engine warms. Aluminum engine blocks don't like steel bolts.

Old 06-13-2013, 02:08 PM
Default Leaky Hummer

Originally Posted by KTM640Dakar
Seal all of your roof lights. Silicone is cheap. Your bolts will be fine as long as no more of them break. I have two on one side of my 5.3 L Tahoe exhaust manifold and they seal up once the engine warms. Aluminum engine blocks don't like steel bolts.
I ended up doing that. Silicone doesn't last forever, either, though. We got a pretty heavy storm here today and I see no evidence of leaks so, I guess that was it!

Old 06-10-2014, 06:51 AM

I'd look at the roof lights for the leak. Before buying our H2, we talked to several owners about problems they have had. 2 out of the 5 we talked to mentioned leaking roof lights on the drivers side. I'll probably pull mine off and seal them up just as a preventative.

Old 06-10-2014, 07:01 AM

the roof marker lights are a big one for sure I think almost all of us have had to seal them, I would do both sides right from the start, clean it all up really good then silicone the rubber grommet down where it pops into the hole and I sealed where the wires go through the grommet as well, you can see how water flows right to that spot when it follows the drain, also my drain was filled with dirt and scum had to clean it out good, since I did that its been bone dry