PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

New Toy Hauler Comes Home .... !

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2013, 05:40 PM
Default New Toy Hauler Comes Home .... !

2013 Work & Play 18EC ....

Name:  20130831_173354_zps6c326a2d.jpg
Views: 560
Size:  69.9 KB

Name:  DSC_7580-Resized_zpsc2758eab.jpg
Views: 774
Size:  73.4 KB

Name:  Dsc_7534_zps57f44af1.jpg
Views: 422
Size:  61.8 KB

Old 09-04-2013, 11:04 PM

WOW that looks awesome... Im looking to buy one in the next few month .. How big is the toys area in this one ... I need at least 10 x 3 for my waverunner ,,, THX

Old 09-05-2013, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by H2Miami
WOW that looks awesome... Im looking to buy one in the next few month .. How big is the toys area in this one ... I need at least 10 x 3 for my waverunner ,,, THX
... thanks.

I will have to measure the cargo box width, but they advertise the cargo length at 16'. It is definitely way wider than 3'. The box length is advertised to be 19'-7" with a total length with hitch of 24'-2".

Old 09-05-2013, 08:21 AM

By the way, watch what you pay and shop around .... I found new 2014's 18EC's thousands less than what dealers and private sellers are selling used 2013's for.

Old 09-05-2013, 06:46 PM

The cargo area is 15'-6" long and 6'-6" wide and reduces to 5'-6" wide in the front 4' or so to make room for the bathroom.

Old 09-12-2013, 12:38 AM

Thanks for the info ... I was looking to make a conversion from a trailer which is already insulated and had AC .... Price is $3000 and Im planning to spend another $2000 to get the kitchen cabinets bed etc .. It is cheaper but I dont know at the end it is never going to be so nice ... I may wait till pay off my other car and get a nice one financed ..
How you like yours ... I dont know much about travel trailers . But i do a lot of camping and Florida heat is killing me .

Old 09-12-2013, 07:31 AM

Thanks for the info ... I was looking to make a conversion from a trailer which is already insulated and had AC .... Price is $3000 and Im planning to spend another $2000 to get the kitchen cabinets bed etc .. It is cheaper but I dont know at the end it is never going to be so nice ... I may wait till pay off my other car and get a nice one financed ..
How you like yours ... I dont know much about travel trailers . But i do a lot of camping and Florida heat is killing me .
A year and half ago I was where you are .... contemplating a trailer conversion. After tallying up the money, effort and end result, it wasn't worth it.

You are planning $2,000 for kitchen cabinets and bed? What about fresh water tank, piping and water pump? Bathroom ... what about a gray water tank for the sinks and shower and a black water tank for the toilet? Heat and frig ... propane tanks and lines? Hot water heater?

After all that, I would still have a home made job costing $10k+, or I could buy used, as new one for under $14,000 .... !

Old 09-12-2013, 12:36 PM

I was in the same boat, camp a lot and was going to convert a horse trailer to a camper. after looking at my option we ended up buying a used 19ft. camper from an estate sale for 2995. used it for a year to decide if we really wanted to finance one. we used the hell outta that poor thing so we bought a new one last july. a 24ft. forest river surveyor sport sp240. had to upgrade a few things when towing it like a bigger radiator and ceramic headers (because of the heat generating off the stock manifold would cause my secondary fuel pump to start making noise when it got hot). But overall a great trailer, in the last year wife and I have been Camping at least a dozen times and I use it when drinking far from home. I just park it at the party and don't have to drive home afterwards.

Old 09-12-2013, 11:00 PM

I totally agree with you both ...
My Plan for the $2000 was only to get the essential ... Kitchen and bed .. Then a few other things like you said tanks etc . plus I was planning to buy a few windows that match the Hummer ( feels claustrophobic in that box without windows)
At the end easy around 10k . but still same cargo trailer ...

Was good to get your advise , I was kind of blind looking at initial saving ...

Is going to take me a year or so but I will get intro a new one ...

BTW where you guys camp . For me only place now are the FL keys , Fun but I will look a little farther once I have the new toy ...

Thanks

Old 09-13-2013, 11:02 AM

BTW where you guys camp . For me only place now are the FL keys , Fun but I will look a little farther once I have the new toy ...

Thanks
We love Key West and have vacationed there the past two years. There are a few campgrounds along the way we may have to try since we now have the hauler .... camp and then ride into Key West. The past two years we have stayed at Casa Marina Key West and loved it.

We primarily bought the hauler for bike rallies .... big party on private property for several days ... absolute blast!

Quick Reply: New Toy Hauler Comes Home .... !