PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

New Tires Feedback

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 01:18 PM
Default New Tires Feedback

Ok, I'm looking for some feedback. I'm looking to replace the stock BFG's on my H2. I want to go with a more aggressive tread pattern, but I don't really take the truck off road so not sure I need a M/T tire even though I like the look. I need the tire to handles pavment, rain and snow well. Every tire shop Ive gone to has tried to talk me out of this type of tire saying that the road noise is bad, doesn't handle well in wet weather and wears on pavment to quickly. So that's why I've come to all of you. People here should know better than anyone.

Thank

Old 02-26-2008, 01:40 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: New Tires Feedback

For what you are talking about the stock BFG is a pretty good tire.

Old 02-26-2008, 03:02 PM

i'd agree with 3, the stock A/Ts are probably one of the best on road tires you could get and still feel comfortable in snow and wet pavement. the next step up is a MT, and you'll be wasting money if you want them just for the looks. most reputable tire shops have someone that knows what they're talking about, which is why they're trying to swing you off the MT route. but its your money - feel free to spend it as you see fit.

Old 02-26-2008, 07:15 PM

BFG a/t is a great tire for what you are doing, those last forever and are great on the road in any condition. I Upgraded from the bfg a/t to the bfg m/t km2 because i do off road, i dont realy have nay big complaints about my m/t's they are a little louder than the a/t's but no were near as loud as a nitto mud grappler. I have about 8k mlies on mine and i am starting to see normal wear. Another thing about my m/t's is since i have got them i have yet to get stuck, with my a/t's that was quite an issue but i am dealing with louisiana gumbo mud.

Old 02-26-2008, 07:46 PM

Ok, one of the tire shops that was taking me out of the M/T's call me and said to come by and look at the ProComp Xtreme All Terrain, and the Dick Cepek FC II tires. He said they should be what I'm looking for. Anyone have an opinion on either of these?

Old 02-28-2008, 09:13 PM

Looked at both of the tires suggested for alternates to the BFG's. I ended up trying the Mickey Thompson ATZ's. These tires are slightly more aggressive than the BFG's, but do not have any road noise. I have had them on mine for about 12k miles, and they are only down 2/32nds. I should get an easy 40-50k miles out of the set. They have performed very well in snow, rain, ice and occasional mud (construction sites), all in addition to dry pavement. They were very comperable price-wise to any of the others, and look more aggressive.

Old 02-29-2008, 03:58 PM

Here are two more to check out.

Old 02-29-2008, 05:39 PM

That Pro Comp Extreme AT is a great tire. I have had those on the last couple of trucks. I am currently running the Toyo MT's, but I wanted a MT tire this time around. On my next truck I will go back to the Pro COmp Extreme AT. THey are great ont eh road and in teh snow too. The Toyo's are freaky on the road with ice/ packed snow.

Old 03-01-2008, 03:03 PM

Just got these on my H3 and I can tell you they are ALLOT more aggressive they are super swamper trxus

Old 03-02-2008, 08:46 AM

How is the road noise with the super swamper trxus?

Quick Reply: New Tires Feedback