PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

New to this site.....just got my 3rd H3

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 06:03 AM
Default New to this site.....just got my 3rd H3

Hi everyone. Got our 3rd H3 about a month ago. We love them and our 2nd one saved our lives in a very bad accident (see my album). I will post pics of our new Alpha soon.

Old 09-30-2010, 08:53 AM

glad you found the forum, those pics are amazing, glad everyone came out ok! What happened?

Old 09-30-2010, 10:51 AM

Welcome! Bad Axe, MI right in the middle of the thumb! If you ever want to take your HUMMER OffRoad PM me.

We have a great group of HUMMER owners (10-15) here in MI and we try to get out at least once a month (spring,summer and fall -once or twice in the winter).

Old 09-30-2010, 11:26 AM

Wow, glad your ok. We bought ours mainly for safety and it looks like it did it's job. Any chance you want to sell the roof rails? lol

Old 09-30-2010, 08:43 PM

I think I'm really going to enjoy this website !!

What happened: We were going 55mph on a 2 lane paved road and another driver ran a stop sign, hitting us broadside in the driver's door. He was also going at least 55mph. We rolled into a ditch about 14 feet deep after the impact, coming to rest on the passenger side/roof in the bottom of the ditch. My wife and I have fractured vertebrae among other NON LIFE THREATENING injuries. My 11 year old daughter and 10 year old son were in the back seat. They escaped with cuts, bruises, welts from the seat belts and a respect for obeying traffic signs. My wife and I climbed out of the sun roof, my daughter was helped from the vehicle by a man who lived near the intersection and my son was removed by the fire department using the jaws of life. My son was knocked unconscious and we feared the worst for a while until he began to wake up. WE ARE ALL BLESSED.

Offroad: I think it's awesome that you've invited us. My wife has some pics of her in the mud with a Hummer club with the first H3. As for the new one, we would probably come to meet the group, but it's mainly going to be used ON ROAD, LOL. Right now, neither of us are able to drive because of our injuries (we bought the new one to have it ready when we are). Once again, it sounds awesome! Thanks.

Safety: What more can I say? Every time I look at my wife and my children I am so thankful for the integrity of the Hummer we were in. My next door neighbor has a cousin who is an engineer at GM and was a member of the team that designed the H3 for safety. She (my neighbor) provided me with his e-mail addy so I was able to write him a letter of thanks and attach some photos. He said he would distribute my letter of thanks to his co-workers. As I said, we already bought another H3 because of our loyalty.

Old 09-30-2010, 08:50 PM

Roof Rails: They went with the Hummer to whoever purchased it for salvage. I was only able to remove personal items from the vehicle. I guess I should have asked about them, but I was pretty shook up when I was there......the whole experience was/is a little unsettling.