PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

New Shoes - Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ's

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2011, 09:04 PM

sweet so then dont forget free flats also lol :-D i work at the dunn tire here in buffalo ny lol probley would have been the same if we put them on here lol considering at my location theres only 4 of us guys lol 1 tire tech 2 sales guys/manager and 1 mechanic lol

Old 08-04-2011, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. Fancy Pants
I had them installed with lifetime balancing, rotations, road hazard and old tire disposal, etc. for $956.
That's a pretty good deal.. Was that 4 or 5 of them? I'd really like to have one on my spare. Will the spare still fit on the truck with an ATZ on it?

I was coming out of a restaurant last night and saw a set on a Jeep. They looked good. I think I'll snag some.

Old 08-04-2011, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by Tram
That's a pretty good deal.. Was that 4 or 5 of them? I'd really like to have one on my spare. Will the spare still fit on the truck with an ATZ on it?

I was coming out of a restaurant last night and saw a set on a Jeep. They looked good. I think I'll snag some.
That was for 4 tires. The wife likes the cover on the back so I figured, why bother. Plus the spare is still brand new! Yes, the spare with fit the ATZ no problem. Mine are only 285/75/16 (measure 33")

We went to get ice cream tonight and there was a stock h3 in the lot so I purposely parked next to it. It's amazing the how much different tires can change the appreance. I should have took a picture.

Old 08-04-2011, 10:03 PM

Those tires look great for at AT and you're right about how tires make an instant change in how an H3 looks.

By the way, I'm going to be in Syracuse (Liverpool) tomorrow & Saturday for the Antique Fire Truck show. Staying at the Holiday Inn, Liverpool on Electronics Ave. Will be tailgating in the back parking lot both nights. Stop by if you're in the area.

Old 08-04-2011, 11:02 PM

Pants, glad you went with the meATZs!

They change the entire look of you rig!

Now go out and scrub off that blue stuff off the inside of each tire and get the black rubber paint for the white letters.

Old 08-05-2011, 12:00 AM

So, what differences did you note on MPG... going from stock to these... I'm thinking of going to a 285/75/16 some time next year and this is one of the tires I've been looking at getting, just want to know now what to expect.

Thanks,

Old 08-05-2011, 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by Bunger
Those tires look great for at AT and you're right about how tires make an instant change in how an H3 looks.

By the way, I'm going to be in Syracuse (Liverpool) tomorrow & Saturday for the Antique Fire Truck show. Staying at the Holiday Inn, Liverpool on Electronics Ave. Will be tailgating in the back parking lot both nights. Stop by if you're in the area.
Will do man! Where is the Antique Fire Truck Show? Haven't seen anything advertised?

Originally Posted by TAINTER
Pants, glad you went with the meATZs!

They change the entire look of you rig!

Now go out and scrub off that blue stuff off the inside of each tire and get the black rubber paint for the white letters.
I was going to scrub them off on some ruts first. lol. I gotta find some black rubber paint now. A couple of the guys thought I was crazy putting the OWL to the inside hahaha.

Originally Posted by ElGuapo
So, what differences did you note on MPG... going from stock to these... I'm thinking of going to a 285/75/16 some time next year and this is one of the tires I've been looking at getting, just want to know now what to expect.

Thanks,
I have the adventure package so mine came stock with 285/75/16's? The gas mileage didn't change a bit lol.

Last edited by Mr. Fancy Pants; 08-05-2011 at 06:30 AM.
Old 08-05-2011, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by Mr. Fancy Pants
What's funny is when I posted a couple pictures on Facebook...alot of negative comments. Why do so many people hate hummers or bring up the mythical bad on gas subject when you simply post pics of your tires?

Thank god for this forum.
They are just jealous because they own a plain jane SUV..

Old 08-05-2011, 08:56 AM
Super Moderator

Gotta love those Mickey Thompsons!!!!!!!

Great choice. Truck looks sweet.

Please say Hi to Bunger for me, tell him I said have a cold one on me. The weather is a bit better than when I last tailgated with him.

Old 08-05-2011, 10:13 AM

Tires look good. Syracuse, NY? I am located an hour south west of Syracuse in the Finger Lakes (between Keuka and Seneca).

Quick Reply: New Shoes - Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ's