PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

New rock rail option

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 03:51 PM
Default New rock rail option

Found this while surfing around today. N-Fab has come out with a rockrail & removable steps for the H3T
http://www.n-fab.com/products/sfID1/...D2/94/sfID3/98

Old 07-23-2010, 05:16 PM

Damn, that is pretty sweet. Side Steps FTW!

Old 07-23-2010, 06:20 PM

I have a set of those "in shipment" as I type this. I ordered on July 3rd and I am expecting them "any day"! For my H3 however.

Doug in Colorado Springs

Old 07-23-2010, 09:35 PM

Ridge Demon is also working on their "rock slammer" sliders. They look pretty impressive. You may want to contact them as well before you make a decision on a slider for your T.

Old 07-26-2010, 04:58 PM

I think all the big boys are getting on board for the H3T lately, should see a lot of new products this fall!

Old 07-26-2010, 08:22 PM

Update to my NFab rails. I ordered from 4wheelonline and the sent me an e-mail 21 July that the rails were shipping.

Today I called and asked about the shipping tracking number the phone guy, Alim, told me that the factory was still in pre-production and it would be six more weeks - on top of the three weeks to date.

I was irritated because 1) I asked up front about a back order; 2) I got an e-mail from 4wheelonline saying that they were SHIPPING on Tuesday 7/21.

Alim asks, "what do you want me to do about it?"
I said, "How about refunding my money?"
Alim said "I'll THINK about it."

Think about it?????

I don't buy ANY of the web page BS about the massive warehouse and employees who wheel.

I wonder if anyone is in Tampa and can actually put eyes-on the store? They say on the web site they have one, but no where do they post the address.

I guess I'll stick with a KNOWN vendor or at least one that has bothered to be a supporter of a Hummer Forum.

I'll post photos when, or if, I actually get these NFab rails.

Cheers, Doug in Colorado

Old 07-26-2010, 09:45 PM

This is probably a shameless plug; but both JEGS.com and SummitRacing.com are wicked to deal with... if something gets back ordered they send you a first class post card to either agree to wait or cancel the order.

I actually had to cancel something on back order from SummitRacing about a 3 weeks ago... phoned them up, zero hassle. Best company I have ever dealt with.

If you can get things through them, do it!

Anyway, sorry to hear that 4wheelonline is kind of screwing you around.

Old 07-27-2010, 03:16 AM

I'm alittle south of Tampa & never heard of them but they do have an address on their website http://4wheelonline.com/info.aspx
& from Google maps there appears to be a good size warehouse there, cant' say when but the next time I'm up that way I'll drive by.
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...02406&t=h&z=19
IMHO most of the websites selling Hummer parts order them direct from the manufacturer & don't actualy stock the items so I can understand the lag time. Also most companies I've seen making this kind of stuff for Hummers make it to order. That doesn't excuse them giving you a shipment date. I would call N-Fab direct & see what they say, my guess is they make them to order so your gonna have to wait, that's how it was w/ RR for their rails. And yes unless it's a local company or one highly recomended I wouldn't order anything online!

Old 07-31-2010, 11:20 PM

I received the rails and steps yesterday via FedEx. Installed them last night.

QC is a bit lacking. Needed some adjustment with the BFH to make the brackets match the frame holes (1/2 inch adjustment) and one bolt hole not "correct" for the steps as a couple of brackets were not properly installed; again a QC issue.

Took it out today and everything works well. I posted photos and more comments over on Club Hummer Off-road. I don't want to duplicate postings.

Cheers, Doug in Colorado

Old 08-05-2010, 07:45 AM

back ordering, waiting, who has time for it

Quick Reply: New rock rail option