PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

New Radio/ Nav? Effects OnStar?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2011, 09:59 AM
Default New Radio/ Nav? Effects OnStar?

Currently have the GM Nav unit. Have OnStar, XM, DVD headrests, etc. but looking to get a better unit that allows for iphone, ipod hook up and a better nav set up.

Anyone change to something that has a nav unit with real time traffic yet did not effect the other stuff like OnStar, XM, etc.

Seeking recommendations.

Thanks.

Old 10-14-2011, 02:31 PM

Hey, let me know if your interested in selling your current nav unit. I have the stock stereo and want to keep the look that way too. Not sure if your unit will work in my H3 but I am interested if it can work.

Old 10-15-2011, 11:55 PM

Don't know why it wouldn't work with 2006. Looks like the same unit they offered back when I got my 2006.

Still looking for suggestions on this.

Old 10-16-2011, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by H32006
Currently have the GM Nav unit. Have OnStar, XM, DVD headrests, etc. but looking to get a better unit that allows for iphone, ipod hook up and a better nav set up.

Anyone change to something that has a nav unit with real time traffic yet did not effect the other stuff like OnStar, XM, etc.

Seeking recommendations.

Thanks.

Check out these two You Tubes
iPod Interface Installation Guide for Hummer H2 - YouTube
iPod Interface Users Guide for Hummer H2 - Scosche Industries - YouTube

Old 10-16-2011, 01:35 PM

That would solve the ipod/ iphone/ ipad issue for an H2 (not clear if this will work with an H3).

The other thing I want is a real time nav that relays traffic info.

Any thoughts?

Old 10-16-2011, 02:00 PM

That would solve the ipod/ iphone/ ipad issue for an H2 (not clear if this will work with an H3).

The other thing I want is a real time nav that relays traffic info.

Any thoughts?
There are a few nav. units that have this traffic info. I have an older AVIC-D3 that has that particular feature and you can get an external module that takes care of Ipod and iphones, but I think the screen graphics are weak and the navigation info poor. The AVIC-D3 is out of production now
There is a current 930BT made by Pioneer that seems to be pretty good. Check it out.
Good luck.
Sorry I sent you to the H2
This one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lE1r6VnxzLQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYCwJN7I0Es

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYomx...eature=related

Last edited by wfturner; 10-16-2011 at 02:05 PM.
Old 10-17-2011, 07:26 AM

Seeking recommendations.

Thanks.
Hello H32006, I also have an 06 h3 and went with a Pioneer AVIC Z130BT. It is full screen with blue tooth to your phone, and with an extra plug in for it I can plug my iphone in and throw it in glovebox then run it from the radio touch screen for like pandora and or ipod. Has voice voice command for navigation and phone also multiple video out and in connections. Just need to add a plugin module to your factory wiring then radio wires to the module to keep your door buzzers, xm and onstar. I think the module for mine was called GMOS interface #GMOS-01 by AXXESS. The pioneer also has the traffic warnings. It can have multiple phones hooked to it but only 1 usable over radio at a time and would have to select the phone in settings that you want hooked up by bluetooth. Then that would be always the phone until a different 1 is selected.
Kenwood also has a great radio and probably the best nav system as they use Garmin but at the time of getting mine theirs was a little pricier and the interface ran a little slower so I did not pursue that much farther but could be great by now.

Old 11-03-2011, 02:03 AM

Just got a jvc kw nt50hdt installed in mine. Love this thing. iPod/iPhone interface. Blue tooth,DVD, dual hd radio tuners. One tuner is used for music the other gets traffic updates plus nation news, local weather, sports scores... No subscription fees.

I would recommend a professional installer though because you have to run a mic and it's a pain. Had best buys run the mic just behind the rear view.