PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

New Member, got here as quick as I could

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 11:25 PM
Default New Member, got here as quick as I could

I just joined the Hummer Forums, some good stuff here guys! Looking forward to learning more about the Hummer experience.

I've been wanting one for quite some time and finally got me a 07 H3 black beauty. I've been really surprised how well it rides and pretty decent gas mileage. I recently made a trip to New Orleans from Dallas and I checked my mileage and on 18.11 gallons I got 363 miles on the interstate doing about 70 mph, no AC, outside temps about 50 degrees. That was the stock setup with automatic tranny.

The return trip was not as good, running about 75mph average and my mileage dropped to about 16mpg. I've read some people aren't getting much more than 10-12 mpg. I can't imagine that poor of mileage unless they've got the Adventure package with the bigger tires, I could see where that probably would impact MPG.

I've got a K&N CAI and a Magnaflow Catback Dual Exhaust coming this week. Looking forward to see if this improves my mileage and power over stock. I've been quite pleased with the performance of this I-5 3.7L. It has decent pickup and cruises well, I'm sure the coming mods will help.

Has anyone done any good mileage tests with a stock H3 then again after adding a CAI and Performance Exhaust? I may do the CHIP mod after the exhaust and intake is on and gets settled in. I'd like to road test mileage and the "feel" of the new godies and then add the chip mod afterward to see if I get a little more performance.

Old 03-12-2007, 11:32 PM
Default RE: New Member, got here as quick as I could

Welcome to the forums! Where did you get your K&N intake from, I have been looking and only seem to see one for the 06. The 06 is 3.5L and ours is 3.7L does that make any difference for an intake? Keep us posted with Maganaflow also, curious to hear what you think of it! I am looking at the Borla system. Happy trails!

Old 03-12-2007, 11:33 PM

im on my first tank with the CAI
i'll let ya know how it does

welcome and
[sm=ttiwwp.gif]

Old 03-13-2007, 12:13 AM

Good luck and Welcome aboard..There is no legitimate CHIP on the market...The only way tobenifit throughout the engine's operating range, is to have the PCMreprogrammed(read the PCM section)..This retune addresses every aspect of the engine's and transmission's performance...you can't getthat out of a chip alone...And the PCM is hermetically sealed anyways...Visit with Kelly or Alvin of PCMforless...They are a sponsor and good friends of this forum.

Old 03-13-2007, 12:13 AM

ZX10R,

Thanks for the warm welcome! I ordered the K&N off ebay, it's the same one for the 06 model. I don't think it's an issue as the intake systems didn't change (as far as I know) from the 3.5 to 3.7 engines.

kild1,

How much more noise do you notice over the stock breathers? I heard you can hear the intake sucking in the air much louder than stock. I don't mind more noise on the intake, that's why my stereo volume goes to 11, haha!

Here's my baby:
My H3

Since this pic, I've added roof rails. I bought the nerf bars off ebay for $200.00 they are cherry too, they were GM branded too!

Dennis, I was looking at the PCMforLess deal, sending mine in and getting a loaner, hoping to avoid the reprogram case thing... from what I've read it's affordable and quite promising.

Old 03-13-2007, 12:20 AM

Welcome aboard and congrats on your new ride.

Old 03-13-2007, 12:20 AM

the K/N on our 06 was louder than theAIRAID on the 07
its not a noise you cant stand ..its kinda nice sounding to me

Old 03-13-2007, 12:32 AM

I am excited about putting on the K&N and the Catback. I've got a trip planned to Moab in mid May... That extra grunt ought to come in handy up there. The wife is excited about it as I am.

I went from a 2002 Toyota Tacoma SR5 PreRunner Extended cab with the 3.8L V6. The Toyota was a nice ride but it had NO ROOM, nor was it 4WD, it looked like one with the lift kit and big tires but it was a plain jane 2WD. Amazingly, it got about 19MPG, about the same as the Hummer and get this, my insurance (Allstate) is about $20 a month less than the Tacoma.

Does anyone else have the pin striping option on theirs? Mine came with a really nice dual pinstripe, at the rear it has the H3 logo and on the fake breather boxes up by the windshield it has HUMMer in line with the stripes. One is silver and the other is an offwhite. Looks really nice but I've not seen any of these on other Hummers unless they were bought from the same dealership I got mine from (Frank Kent in Ft. Worth, TX).

H3 Dealer Pinstripes

Old 03-13-2007, 12:45 AM

We have an old saying here just like Kild1 said..[sm=ttiwwp.gif]

Old 03-13-2007, 12:54 AM

Dennis,

Did my link not work? I've got some pics of my hummer on my website, figured I'd just link to them, I'll try tagging it so they show rather than the link. I was simply worried about bandwidth and photo size, some are pretty big.

Here's a test for the pinstripe photo:

Quick Reply: New Member, got here as quick as I could