PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

new issue thanks to dealership once again.

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2011, 11:30 AM
Default new issue thanks to dealership once again.

Ok so last week I posted that I brought my hummer in for a few things, and I got it back with no onstar and no xm. Brought it back, and it turns out it was a fuse inside somewhere (not in fuse box). Now I got it back again, and now my passenger front and rear speakers rarely work. My passenger rears never work and the fronts sometimes. I really do not feel like bringing this back again. Any chance this could be a lose harness? How can I pull the front radio to check harness in the back? Anyone have a issue like this before?

Thanks.

Ps. Starting to dislike this truck. 3 problems in one month.

Last edited by jtracc; 08-28-2011 at 11:40 AM.
Old 08-28-2011, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by jtracc
Ok so last week I posted that I brought my hummer in for a few things, and I got it back with no onstar and no xm. Brought it back, and it turns out it was a fuse inside somewhere (not in fuse box). Now I got it back again, and now my passenger front and rear speakers rarely work. My passenger rears never work and the fronts sometimes. I really do not feel like bringing this back again. Any chance this could be a lose harness? How can I pull the front radio to check harness in the back? Anyone have a issue like this before?

Thanks.

Ps. Starting to dislike this truck. 3 problems in one month.
Open the covers on the two power outlets. Using fingers, pull from the two outlets and the center cover will pull out.
As far as the speakers...my driver side front and rear were toast the day I bought it (used). After I replaced mine, it all worked and sounded awesome!! If it seems that everything is connected properly...you may have to purchase some new speakers. Or if it's still under B2B warranty than you can get them replaced...dealership might have to order them though. Keep in mind that almost anything is better than the OEM speakers

Old 08-28-2011, 11:52 AM

i dont think the speakers are the problem, because they work fine when they come on. it seems to me there is a lose conection or something. will try to pull the radio and see if i can fiddle with the harness and see if they come on and off.

Old 08-28-2011, 12:19 PM

ok so here is the latest update. i removed the panel took the radio out, harness was in there fine couldnt get anything to work. the rears still never work. guess its going to go back to dealer.

Old 08-28-2011, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by jtracc
ok so here is the latest update. i removed the panel took the radio out, harness was in there fine couldnt get anything to work. the rears still never work. guess its going to go back to dealer.
Is it monsoon or base?

Old 08-28-2011, 12:45 PM

oh boy

Old 08-28-2011, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by airborne227
Is it monsoon or base?
its the base stereo... so pissed off!!

Old 08-28-2011, 04:39 PM

You say that your XM didn't work, and they changed out a fuse. Possibly inside the XM box? Maybe when they pulled it, they didn't get the XM box connecter in all the way? Check that connector too.

Old 08-28-2011, 06:44 PM

Also, you may want to find another dealer, so you only go one more time.

Old 08-31-2011, 04:32 PM

ok so delaer says rear passenger speaker was blown and the front passenger speaker was going. they replaced both speakers for free. lets see what else breaks.