PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

New Hummer through Costco

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 11:22 PM
Default RE: New Hummer through Costco

I was digging around on the Costco site and if you become and executive memebr then you can save 15% on parts and service.

http://www.costcoauto.com/index.asp

Old 02-08-2007, 11:51 PM

ORIGINAL: RutDogg

I was digging around on the Costco site and if you become and executive memebr then you can save 15% on parts and service.

http://www.costcoauto.com/index.asp
Man...I hope that's at Canadian Costco too!!! Damn I hope so as I get me dealer to install most of my ****!!

Old 02-08-2007, 11:56 PM

OK guys I just called and figured it out. It is $200 below invoice minus the incentives. I have an H3 on order and I was planning on using my GMID (Supplier discount) but I believe Costco may be a few hundred less....

Old 02-09-2007, 12:25 AM

ORIGINAL: HBH3

OK guys I just called and figured it out. It is $200 below invoice minus the incentives. I have an H3 on order and I was planning on using my GMID (Supplier discount) but I believe Costco may be a few hundred less....
Is that for any Hummer dealer?

Old 02-09-2007, 12:30 AM

The pricing I was working off was the total on the second sticker that had MSRP $38,940 and Adj. Mkt Value of $3,989 for a total of $42,929. Sorry if I was misleading by not indicating that we were working off the Adjusted market value.

After the test drive we asked if they honored the Costco program which he verified and his "sales manager" came back with him and said we charge $500 over invoice for a total of $34,893. We really were not planning on buying one on Saturday but that pushed us over the edge to commit. I bought a Caddilac CTS the same way.

Old 02-09-2007, 12:52 AM

Sounds like you got a good deal. Don't ever pay attention to the adjusted market value. That is all profit for the dealer. You should always begin your negotiations with the MSRP and work your way down. There are too many dealers out there that will sell you an H3 without the mark up. Personally, I look for volume dealers. They will give you better deals than almost anyone else because their goal is to sell more at a lower price. When I purchased my H3 I bought it at invoice from a volume dealer. He said they sell at least 12 H3s per month at invoice.

Old 02-09-2007, 02:25 AM

The only 3 Hummer dealers in the Phoenix area are all owned by the same family and so there is no competition. They only would give me a $500 discount and made up for it with $200 in fluff ( paint protectant, fabric protectant, pin stripping, and some other useless things).' I ended up buying at Towbin Hummer in Las Vegas who raised our "agreed" price when i got there but it was still better than the Phoenix dealers.[/align]I doubt that a Costco discount will apply in the Phoenix area. I'll give it a try in 2 years.[/align]

Old 02-09-2007, 09:22 AM

I wonder if they discount parts like UCP and the Rock Rails too or if it's just vehicles..??

Paint Protectant = $2 of Wax
Fabric Protectant.= $4rattlecan of Scotchgaurd

Old 02-10-2007, 04:34 PM

I initiated my process through Costco. The "Costco Member Price" was $500 over invoice, but I got them down lower to just about invoice price. Of course, now I'm ordering the vehicle, so they'll probably jack it back up on me! [sm=smiley5.gif]

Old 02-10-2007, 07:52 PM

Don't let em do that to ya Ying. Make them stick to the original price.

Quick Reply: New Hummer through Costco