PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

New Hummer H3 Owner in FL!! anyone else??

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2011, 01:24 PM
Default New Hummer H3 Owner in FL!! anyone else??

Just got a 07 Hummer H3 last week.. was wondering if anyone has painted the black trim on theirs yet, and how it turned out. i want the truck to be all white and chrome...

also how can i get a pic in the post here??

been reading the forum here and alot of good info..learned how to disable the DRL's and take my grille off today!! cant wait to get started customizing..
i uploaded a few pics in my albums of my other vehicles i have customized ( silverado SS with 6.0L and 03 CBR 600RR w/ Nitrous..and im not going to stop here with the hummer..

anyone else from central FL here??

Old 09-07-2011, 05:33 AM

I'm in Orlando. We have a pewter 2007 H3.

Old 09-08-2011, 06:59 AM

There was a member that had an all white H3T and had all his trim, bumper included painted white... it looked awesome! He went w/ a black out look though, so not exactly the same as what your thinking... google Hummer H2 minatorous... that sucker is all white and chrome...

Welcome to the forum, congrats on the new toy!

Old 09-08-2011, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by DAGKANA
There was a member that had an all white H3T and had all his trim, bumper included painted white... it looked awesome! He went w/ a black out look though, so not exactly the same as what your thinking... google Hummer H2 minatorous... that sucker is all white and chrome...

Welcome to the forum, congrats on the new toy!

Thanks for the congrats.. i really love it!! plus its good on gas mileage. The SS i have has the H2 6.0L engine in it and I really love the power there but i hate the gas mileage you stomp on that baby and the instant MPG literally goes to 0..lol

I used to own a custom motorcycle shop and have always customized everything.. i think the all white will look good..i have seen a few monotone Hummers and really liked the look.. im thinking of designing my own grille though..

Has anyone seen the Halo light system for the hummer?? here is a cool link..

Hummer H3 ORACLE Headlight Halo Kit fits SUV and SUT Models!

for $230 you get both the headlight and fog light..im thinking of picking them up... there in the next week or so..

I just bought a bunch of chrome for the truck and trying to find a good shop where i can get the plastic/trim painted??
Im like a military militia.. im stock piling all my chrome and waiting to put it on until after i paint, but its so hard to look at it and not want to..anyone know a good place in Central Florida?? Maybe you do HumVette??

ive got a few places to go to but i want it done right!!

Old 09-08-2011, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by HumVette
I'm in Orlando. We have a pewter 2007 H3.

sweet.. any mods done?? have you had a problems.. i got the 1 1/2 yr warranty left on it and the dealership i got it from gave me a 6 month bumper to bumper on it... i am amazed at how "tight" the truck feels.. i am very impressed so far

Old 09-09-2011, 07:48 AM

We just got ours as well. 39k on the odo and everyone we see says it looks and smells brand new. I agree, everything is "tight" and the truck feels solid. I was expecting a lot more rattles and nuisance items being that it is a 4wd. My wife loves it, the kids love it, and I think it's great as well.

No mods, just a K&N, tune, and aftermarket nerf bars. I'll mod it when the wife wants something new in a couple years.

Old 09-09-2011, 08:28 AM

well congrats to you as well.. did the K& N and tune seem to give it a little more noticable power? i want to do that and put an exhaust on it..not sure what kind yet.. looking at either Corsa or Borla..not sure..heard the Magnaflow is good to though... any suggestions?

Old 09-09-2011, 12:15 PM

I think so. Not like it did with the Corvette, but now I'm trying to improve the shift points and stuff. Never had to do that before as I've always had manuals.

Old 09-09-2011, 06:41 PM
Super Moderator

howdy...

Old 09-11-2011, 11:09 AM

I used the Billy Boat exhaust and short headers. Both are SS and were easy to install. I used them because of a store close out and they were 1/3 of the normal price. I think true duel are better on the exhaust and the gage of the headers or cermic coating is important. Headers made a big difference on take off.

Quick Reply: New Hummer H3 Owner in FL!! anyone else??