PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

New Hidden Winch Bumper Available- Any interest?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 03:39 PM
Default New Hidden Winch Bumper Available- Any interest?

I found a local company that is interested in building these.

There would be a few upgrades from the one I built:

*All metal would be plasma cut (I used a grinder on mine)

*All holes would be done with a drill press (I used a standard drill)

*The clutch access hole will be on the front of the bumper (mine is on the rear, tight fit to get to)

There are a couple of other options that you could choose to have it customized for your own use. I would need four or five people interested to make the first run.

Pricing should be lower than all of the other winch bumpers out there. I'm not running a business, just trying to get out some cool products for a good deal! I basically need to cover the cost of materials and labor. This deal is for those of us who can't build our own!

PM me with questions or if you are interested!

Like I said earlier- if there is enough interest, I will get a group made.

Old 05-02-2008, 04:05 PM
Default RE: New Hidden Winch Bumper Available- Any interest?

I think it's great that you're offering these to those those who don't have access to a metal shop.

Old 05-02-2008, 06:02 PM
Super Moderator

I think there are acouple guys here that need to jump on this... and if they need to get the winch later then so be it.... TREY.... SCOTT....

Old 05-02-2008, 06:15 PM

I'm PMing you

Old 05-02-2008, 06:18 PM
Super Moderator

me?

Old 05-02-2008, 06:20 PM

no. lol

I PM'd him about the bumper. Sorry

Old 05-02-2008, 06:26 PM

PM'ed you back!

I have received a lot of price questions-

This first go around will be $475.

My goal was to keep it under $500 andI need to get 4 or 5 people to commit before they will do a production run. Probably take a week to get them all built up (I would say two weeks to be safe?).

Keep PM'ing me if you guys are interested!

Old 05-02-2008, 09:05 PM
Super Moderator

I think I would be interested. How much do they weigh?

Old 05-02-2008, 10:16 PM

ORIGINAL: 3hummers

I think I would be interested. How much do they weigh?
Great question! I believe it is right around 45lbs. I didn't weigh it, but can once the next batch is made. I say 45lbs because I remember thinking it was going to be around 100lbs with the winch.

I have received tons of questions, so I apologize about not having them in the first post.

Most winches will work with this setup. If you have a winch in mind, you can PM and I should be able to confirm if it will fit.

I am using a Smittybuilt XRC8 winch. You can get them for $300.

You will have to mount the winch solenoid box somewhere. There are many options here. If you like, I can send you step by step on how I mounted mine.

The winch plug-in for the remote is custom drilled on my current bumper. I can do that to yours at no charge if you like, I already have the hole saw.

I primed and painted mine. You can get yours bare steel if you like (easier on me!), or just primed, or primed and painted. For the highest quality, you might want to get it bare steel and have it powder coated.

It hangs down about an inch or so lower than the stock piece it replaces.

It is a direct bolt on.

I don't know how much shipping would be. I still need to find that out. I will make zero dollars off of shipping though, again, the goal is to get this out as inexpensive as possible to the H3 crowd.

Keep the PM's coming, it looks like I have 2 or 3 on board. I need a few more to go to shop with.

Everyone who is on board will get my cellphone number. You will be able to call me personally to track the progress of your specific bumper. I can take pictures from the shop if you like.

Thanks!

Old 05-03-2008, 10:21 PM

I would love to this, but the Alpha bumper would have to be different. The Alpha has an extra support bar in there that gets in the way of the DEI/ predator setups. I'm nost sure how yours mounts in there though.

I'm not bagging on your setup. IT LOOKS GREAT!!!!! And the deal your sharing I'm sure is well appreciated by many of us.

If you guys want an Alpha to look at, I'm in Commerce City and you stop by at any time to check out.

If you're interested, shoot me a PM and we can set something up. I'm at GOBI Racks if you know where our shop's at.

Quick Reply: New Hidden Winch Bumper Available- Any interest?