PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

New Here & questions, lot of questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 09:11 AM
Default New Here & questions, lot of questions

I'm sure I'm repeating something others have posted, however I seemed to be putting wrong words/phrases in the search area - so couldn't find posts.
I'm looking for info right now. I've had mini-vans for last 8 yrs. Originally needed the space in back for some catering we were doing. Later we found it nice when we went camping, once even using the back during torrential thuderstorms. Now
we don't need to have mini-van, but liked few features, such as height and cargo space. I don't need to get rid of my van right now, but if I don't I need to start spending a bit more on samll things starting to go. Since prices for some SUVs have gone down, so we started looking. Then I started paying a bit more attention to the Hummers. I had been misinformed when I was told they were all 8 cyl. gas gusslers.
I was suprised to find some 6 cyl and that they price was fairly comparable to a few small SUVs we were looking at.
So, now that I am seriously considering a Hummer, I am looking to get as much info as possible before walking into a car lot. Therefore here I am, looking to talk to Hummer Owners to get the real facts. Here is what we need: 6 cyl
some passenger leg space, cargo space - something that could be expandable, by folding or removing passenger seats, must have basic amenities such as cruise control, power windows, etc. (I saw one sml SUV that had power windows, driver mirror & locks and that was it) Would love anyother "extras" such as pwr/heated seats, moon roof, upscale audio system, and any other little luxury they want to include. My current mini-van is loaded w/ lots of "toys" and I've gotten somehat spoiled. Oh yeah .. and of course I want low mileage & a great price - asI said I'm spoiled!

Old 07-22-2008, 01:41 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: New Here & questions, lot of questions

Hello and welcome. You said 6 cylinder???? Try 5.

You should be able to find a late 2006, or an 07 H3 with low miles for a pretty good price right now. Good luck

Old 07-22-2008, 01:55 PM

Yeah we Hummer owners are a strange bunch. We either go all out 8 cyl or some weird 5 cyl engines hehehe. Gas mileage in both cases seems to be about par for the course, though the H2 5cyl get MUCH better mileage, even rivalling some supposid 'greener' SUV's. Ya cant go wrong with the Hummer. Got mine a few weeks ago, havent regretted it a moment. Welcome to the neighborhood!

Old 07-22-2008, 05:04 PM

Welcome...most H3s will run the 5cyl package unless you see an "alpha" badge, that is running a V8. You can get as spoiled as you want in these things from basic packages all the way up to fancy stuff. From just cruise control,power windows and doorlocks to heated leather seats, sunroofs,nav radios and backup cameras. Hummer offers so many options and stuff you can add on to it, which makes it a great attraction. H3's seats fold down giving you a good amount of storage if you needed it. I have carried TV's, Weber Grills and fishing gear in mine and that has only been since January. Deals are plenty right now. I just went to the Hummer dealer here in CT today to get my oil changed and saw plenty of good deals and the salesmen were telling me how many they were making. Good luck and I hope you find what you want!

Old 07-23-2008, 07:07 AM

Wow .. I told you I was new! I just assumed they were 6 & 8 cyl.
I hadn't considered a Hummer at first, I've mostly seen the larger models. It was when I put a general search query about 6 cyl SUV, that I saw a Hummer (not sure H2 or 3) advertised for about what I saw a Rav4 advertised. When I went to do a little more digging, I saw a lot of things I liked about it. I just need to do the impossible right now, try to look over several vehicles without being hounded by a salesperson! It drives me nuts, even when you tell them straight out; I'm not buying today - that all you are di=oing right now is looking - they still hound you![:@]

Old 07-23-2008, 04:18 PM

Hey July!!

Old 07-24-2008, 12:37 PM

Even though the H3 (except the Alpha) has the I5 engine..it is very torquey and has more power than most 6 cylinders...and they haveroom for power enhancements..not to mention they get pretty good mileage, considering it has aerodynamics of a cinder block.