PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

New Here, How are you all?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 12:52 PM
Default RE: New Here, How are you all?

A 60 month loan should run you around $267/month.

$21000 for the H3.
$8000 for trade in on the Dakota.
$13000 difference.
6.5%(guestimate) sales tax on $13000= roughly $850
So, $13850 @ 6% for 5 years is equal to $267/month.

You can probably get better than 6% interest rate right now, too.

Good Luck!!

Old 04-08-2008, 12:54 PM

Yea, we still have not worked out the details. He is waiting for the bank.. He told me worst case is 370 month, but at 18 finance rate? Why he did that, no idea??? But if i get under 7 % finance, I should be good to go.. I hope this works out, cause like I said, the SOB ran like a champ...

Old 04-08-2008, 12:57 PM

ORIGINAL: beerman

Yea, we still have not worked out the details. He is waiting for the bank.. He told me worst case is 370 month, but at 18 finance rate? Why he did that, no idea??? But if i get under 7 % finance, I should be good to go.. I hope this works out, cause like I said, the SOB ran like a champ...
18%?? I would find my own financing at that rate.

Old 04-08-2008, 12:57 PM

ORIGINAL: GOFASTER
ORIGINAL: rhill20

According to my dealership:

-Cylinder Heads were replace on your truck Jan 18, 2008
-Rear Washer Motor Dec 2005
-Back up Lamp
-Lower gear shift assembly
-Tire Pressure Monitor

It still has 1 open Recall on it: Vehicle Jack Replacement

It was originally sold at Greenwood Hummer in Youngstown Ohio

Nothing serious and your Heads are good!

Hope this helps
"Head"....Not "Heads". [8D]
[8D][8D][8D][8D]

Old 04-08-2008, 12:59 PM

ORIGINAL: beerman

Dealers are bending over backwards to get any deal they can right now. When I got my new 08 I told him that I would not be going over 350 and that was it. He said "I will see" Next day he called, with all the accessories already on the truck I wanted and said here it is, come down with the down payment and you can take it now. Got away at $350 a month + sales tax. Insurance is not bad at all with it.

What is your down payment? Is it just your trade in amount? If so, that seems just about right ( maybe a little bit over as I ran over some figures quick), but an 18%? Is that through GMAC or an independant finance company? That trade in almost sounds too good to be true. Dakotas do not have a great resale value, so most dealers look to put a minimum into it to get it and either A) wholesale it or B) try and sell it. If it has problems like you said, I think the dealer is getting screwed. I would take the deal and run.

Old 04-08-2008, 01:15 PM

Yea, I am gonna take it, only if its around 320 or less a month.. My Dakota runs like crap. It has the v8, 360 motor in it. No power at all. Heck, the hummer I want , with the 5 cylander can out run that. The dakota needs tires, rotors, breaks, a tune up, etc. It has over 70,000 miles. Alot off road to, as I own a camp in northern PA.. We have alot of fun up there. I get really bad gas mileage in the dakota. And it is not reliable. I have 2 kids, I need something I can trust, and under warranty.. The Hummer almost seems perfect.. Hope it works out..

The reason he used the high interest rate is due to my divorse about 3 years ago. He said just in case, like money owed that the wench didn,t pay, or stuff like that. He said its just the worst case..

Question about hummer radios?? I noticed a few weird stations, like the MX radio?? Whats that? Can anyone tell me about the radio and stuiff?? I am getting really excited here.. I need a freekin beer...

Old 04-08-2008, 01:18 PM

XM radio, satellite Like Sirius.

Old 04-08-2008, 01:23 PM

Is it free? I am new to all this crap?? LOL Used to driving around the trucks..

Old 04-08-2008, 01:26 PM

Oh no, it's not free. LOL That's a whole other thread RE: XM Radio promo code

Old 04-08-2008, 01:50 PM

Hmm, wonder why the one i am going to buy has it?

Quick Reply: New Here, How are you all?