PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

New head Unit, Need Onstar help!

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 02:17 AM
Default RE: New head Unit, Need Onstar help!

ORIGINAL: HumV

I am actually Buying the Harness from Best Buy it costs around $130.00 it retains the Onstar and door chimes, i think its madeby Metra.

I found another company other thanPAC who makes them they are called Scosche which is not compatible with monsoon systems. They are rather cheap and they sell it at WALMART! for 50 bucks
I think there quality sucks but i may be wrong.
Yeah, You usually GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!!!

Old 09-18-2007, 05:53 AM

The way i understand is the one made by Scosche does not pass thechimes through, rather it has a small speaker built into it. Lame!

Old 09-19-2007, 12:38 PM

Actually, I was recommended Scoshe DCGMOS2B11B (OnStar Interface for Class 2 vehicles with Bose sound system (GM06 version)), as just as good as the Metra. To retain the chimes, you need an additional unit, DCGMCM2B12B. If you don't want to retain the Bose amplifier, then use DCGMOS2B10B instead of DCGMOS2B11B.

Old 09-19-2007, 12:50 PM

This is probably the harness, it's $100: Metra OnStar-Compatible Wiring Harness (GMOS04) $99.99

Plus, you need in any case this to retain FM/AM radio: Metra GM Antenna Adapter (40-GM10) $15.99, and might also need Metra GM Antenna Adapter (40-GM20) $15.99 and Metra Radio Wiring Harness (PA-0180) $18.99.

Do you have XM? How will you retain that?

Old 09-19-2007, 02:03 PM

btw, I've seen some negative comments about the quality of the Metra, but haven't seen similar comments about Scoshe. Likewise, it depends which Scoshe unit did one of the users see at Walmart for $50. They generally cost at least $100, sometimes up to $160. And they DON'T have a speaker for chimes, but like PAC Audio (CM-1), use a special accessory DCGMCM2B12B. So the question would be which of the three OnStar harnesses would be most reliable: PAC Audio, Metra or Scoshe?

Old 09-19-2007, 02:09 PM

[:@] So I still have the same issue i started with. The Onstar sounds good, Chimes work but when you try to connect after the Onstar voice tells you to hit the Blue key one more time it says it can not connect. I called Onstar and they siad they cant get a Signal from my car. Now the antenna is hooked up because I get Radio reception. Im using the Pac Os02 Bose with Chime. Someone help figure this out please!!!!

Old 09-19-2007, 02:45 PM

call pac audio...they have had issues with some defective components bieng sent out...but they will send you a new one quickly...very good customer service. I had a similiar issue on a caddy that I did, it ended up bieng a defective module.

Old 09-19-2007, 07:01 PM

How would you retain FActory XM RADIO i never thought of that..... does XM get feed through your antenna wire behind unit???

Old 09-19-2007, 09:44 PM

I'm using the OS-2 Bose, Should I be using the GMos 04 Gm Onstar? anyone know? I also Called Pac and they think its a Onstar issue, because I get sound and it connects but doesnt go thru.

Old 09-20-2007, 06:30 AM

ORIGINAL: audil

btw, I've seen some negative comments about the quality of the Metra, but haven't seen similar comments about Scoshe. Likewise, it depends which Scoshe unit did one of the users see at Walmart for $50. They generally cost at least $100, sometimes up to $160. And they DON'T have a speaker for chimes, but like PAC Audio (CM-1), use a special accessory DCGMCM2B12B. So the question would be which of the three OnStar harnesses would be most reliable: PAC Audio, Metra or Scoshe?
Iwas referring to the $50 Scoshe available at walmart. It has a built in speaker for the chimes. I bought it and took it back. I was unaware they made better adaptors. I bought my h3 used and it already had the metra adaptor. I took out the after market stereo they had in the car and upgraded. No problems withthe Metra so far.

Quick Reply: New head Unit, Need Onstar help!