PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

New H3T Suspension

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2011, 09:38 AM
Default New H3T Suspension

So I recieved some near gear today:

The first peak inside!

Looks like the H3T will be getting some new shocks... and rear leafs

But wait.... There is more!

Old 12-01-2011, 05:02 PM

Nice looking lift kit! Can't wait to see it installed.
I hear you are doing it yourself, please take pis and post up a detailed "How To"!

Old 12-01-2011, 10:29 PM

I've got some help for sure, but it is being done in my garage on jacks the old fashion way!

Old 12-02-2011, 12:42 PM

Sugarphreak,

Look forward to seeing install pics! What is the backspacing on your current Mickey Thompson Classic Locks?

Old 12-02-2011, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by SundownAudioNY
Sugarphreak,
Look forward to seeing install pics! What is the backspacing on your current Mickey Thompson Classic Locks?
4.5" Backspacing, which is the minimum for anything under an 18" wheel to work with the Rancho kit. The only wild card however they are a 16"x10" wheel... I don't know if that will cause an issue or not. I don't think so as it has pushed the wheels quite a bit.

I can't remember, did I post pics of those wheels on this forum at one point or did you catch up with my posts on club hummer?

Old 12-03-2011, 11:16 PM

Cant wait to see how it turns out.

Old 12-21-2011, 01:21 PM

Tada!

Old 12-21-2011, 08:06 PM

Your "T" looks great! I'm glad you completed the installation yourself. You can be the "go to" man for future Rancho lift advice!

How does she handle On and OffRoad??

Old 12-22-2011, 08:38 AM

Thanks! It took me quite a few days in the evening and one full weekend to put it in. Lots of little things slow you down on it, but overall it wasn't all that hard to put in.

It really doesn't sit a whole lot higher than it did before, maybe an inch and a half. But it was enough to fully clear the new tires when I corner so that is all I was after anyway. The rake on the truck is back now thanks to the new springs, so the weight distribution is almost back to OEM.

So far the biggest thing I noticed on road is the road noise from the tires has really died down since I put the kit in. Much more well mannered than it was before for the highway.

The off-road performance however was night and day. You don't realize how bad cranking the torsion keys feels until you get a chance to bring the energy in them back down with a kit or by going stock. The wheels were staying firmly planted on extreme grade climbs where as before they were bouncing all over the place (which can lead to sudden instances of slip and grip which can damage your drivetrain). Also on longer stretches of rolling ruts I could get going a good 50km (30mph) with the suspension politely soaking up all the bumps and no bouncing at all.

In short, the truck feels great. I am really happy I decided to go this route.

Old 12-22-2011, 08:58 PM

Looks awesome.. I would love to see some more pics, both before and after.. Enjoy the Snow this season.

Quick Reply: New H3T Suspension