PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

New H3 Owner Soon - Is there a checklist?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2014, 01:51 PM
Default New H3 Owner Soon - Is there a checklist?

So...the dealership is getting my H3 ready. (Cleaning, doing maintenance, etc.) I have found a great deal on a 2006 H3 with 20k miles, single owner, and they only drove it at their vacation home. I am purchasing it from the original dealer it was sold from, and it has had all the maintenance done there....complete records. Carfax is incredibly clean.

This is a bone stock H3 with the Luxury package. Monsoon sound with Nav, etc. Chrome brushguard, running boards, and tail light guards.

I have searched the forums a bit...and aside from making sure the sunroof drains are taken care of, is there some sort of "new owner checklist" that a complete Hummer newbie should go through? Parts to immediately replace or upgrade, etc? Things to make sure I have onhand that I'll need?

This is essentially in the same condition as it was when it rolled off the line...even still has a hint of new car smell.

The VIN indicates that it is in the "safe range" for 2006 so it might not have valve issues.

If there is nothing pressing or important, my first orders of business will be to add a line-in to the stereo for MP3 playback as well as some USB ports somewhere to be able to charge phones and other devices.

Old 02-16-2014, 02:00 PM

20k miles? Nice! Put some miles on it.. Make sure to check the tires for drycracking(if still original, they need replaced). Other than that, to little miles for any issues or maintenance, except oil change and air filter, and it wouldn't hurt to clean the injectors too. GL