PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

New H3 CE lives in my garage

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 02:36 PM
Default New H3 CE lives in my garage

Hello Humfesters,
I am so happy to finally be one of the few, the proud, and the enlightened owners of Hummer all terrain vehicles. I picked up a new '09 Championship Edition H3 with a few extras. Heated leather seats have been installed, shinny chrome grill (my original painted grill resides in my garage), KMC XD HOSS 16" rims (my original twin spoke rims are having Yokohama goelander i/t 285/75-16's installed on Friday for use in winter), and when I go in to have the winter set installed I will be getting my very own hummer chrome gas door. I have also installed silver cross bars, and stainless steel nerf bars. When I first looked at my H3 in the garage, I said to myself, that Hummer looks like a huge Tonka truck. My wife who was out of town when I bought the H3 opened the door to the garage and said the H3 looks like a huge Tonka truck (I had not told her that I thought the exact same thing), so that is why I nick named it Tonka. ps. love that burgle when I start up that v8, although it will take dual exhaust to really make me happy!

Old 12-02-2009, 09:26 PM

Same truck I have sans the chrome, so far all is well. Wish the steering column had more adjustment but otherwise it's a good ride.

Old 12-03-2009, 10:18 AM

Post some pics or a video if you can? I would love to hear the burgle also?

Old 12-04-2009, 02:28 AM

Bayrat, hello and thanks for posting. How long have you owned your H3 and have you had any issues? 2wheelmonster hello also! I went out and shot a video of my me starting up the Hummer and the video is about 50 megabytes and I cannot figure out how to reduce it, so no video (max is like 19kb so I'm a little off) will try to figure it out.

Old 12-07-2009, 11:34 AM

Cool looking wheels!

Old 12-07-2009, 07:34 PM

The only issues I have encountered in the couple of months I have owned it is the antenna cable for the Onstar has a short and there is a "squeaking" sound in the steering column noticeable at very slow speed, say in a parking lot and turning the wheel quite a bit. Cable will be replaced next week and the other checked out. Mileage has run from 15.9-18.6 in mixed driving.

Old 12-07-2009, 09:49 PM

I averaged exactly 14.75 mpg on the first two tanks (weird, both averages done independently and exactly the same) and on the third fill up I went down to 13.99, largely due to the fact that I got past what I consider the break in point of 1000 miles and started mashing the gas pedal. It's to much fun seeing this beast get up and go, which it does quite nicely. The dealer threw in the rims, chrome grill, fuel door and I have the spare parts for future use. Actually, I had discount tire send Yokohama I/T GO72 285/75-16's to Lynch and the installed them for me on the original rims and my summer wheels you mentioned are sitting in my garage. By the way, I think you make a valid point, they do look cool!

Old 12-09-2009, 06:24 PM

Hello H3 Championship Edition owners
I purchased one less than a week ago. I purchased new from a dealer in Indiana and had it transported to NC.
It has 300 miles on now. I put 18" XD hoss 795 wheels on it with 285/65 18 Terra Grappler tires. Wheels are black. They look great with the silver body color.
I am going to put a magnaflow cat back exhaust, less restrictive intake and reprogram it.

Old 12-09-2009, 09:04 PM

Excellent taste!

Old 12-09-2009, 09:25 PM
Default New H3 CE lives in my garage

Like it says, I am new member from Arkansas. I am not a Honda owner however. I have an 04 ZX6-R 636 but my roommate just bought a less than pretty 03 F4i for 700 that we are about to start modding up over the winter.So far these are great forums and I have already picked up alot of good info.Thanks.

Quick Reply: New H3 CE lives in my garage