PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

New H2 Owner, I've already started Modifying

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2014, 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by Nanigoat
Both look great! Did you use the factory DVD system and hook it up with the kenwood? I posted a question about doing that but no takers yet so am worried I'm going into this blind!
Yes, I took the H2 to a car stereo place called "Dukes" and they were able to tap into the existing setup. It plays flawlessly and my babygirl loves it.

Old 04-08-2014, 06:34 AM

Btw how is the bluetooth and where did they install the mic? And...Where did you out the iPod plug? Think I have the same system to be installed or one like it so any info you can provide would be great. Thanks!
Bluetooth is awesome, I have an Android Galaxy Note 2, so I didn't go with the Ipod Plug, BUT, the USB plug comes out of the glove box (works flawlessly). The mic is installed in the upper left corner of the ceiling (behind the driver side visor. I can pull my visor down fully and not touch the mic. All factory controls work also...ie...steering wheel controls and such.

I can post the part numbers they listed on the receipt for the harnesses they used if that would be helpful to anyone. I don't know if the part numbers would be specific to their shop, but I can post if you need. Total install for the Viper 1mile, LCD display, Smart start capable alarm system and the headunit with all integration into the factory DVD system was $1400.

Last edited by The R; 04-08-2014 at 06:37 AM.
Old 04-08-2014, 06:08 PM

looks like they used smaller pipe so it would fit inside the stock pipe. Those mufflers look like they were sitting in a junkyard. For $700 I want SHINEY parts lol!
I don't think the pipe size should make a difference tho.

Truck looks good.

Old 04-08-2014, 07:10 PM

Thanks for the info it's quite helpful! So you got all of that plus installation for $1400? Wow! Sounds like a great deal. Can you price out each piece for me if you don't mind? I've been thinking about a keyless starter and alarm system myself but wasn't sure which to go with. I may look into the Viper if it's affordable. My stereo, DVD system integration with factory and backup camera with install altogether comes out to around the same price alone as what you paid. Feels like you got a better deal! Lol

Old 04-08-2014, 09:58 PM

Thanks for the info it's quite helpful! So you got all of that plus installation for $1400? Wow! Sounds like a great deal. Can you price out each piece for me if you don't mind? I've been thinking about a keyless starter and alarm system myself but wasn't sure which to go with. I may look into the Viper if it's affordable. My stereo, DVD system integration with factory and backup camera with install altogether comes out to around the same price alone as what you paid. Feels like you got a better deal! Lol
Sure, Not a problem.

Excelon DVD Unit #EXCDDX491HD - $419.99
GM Harness #METGMOS04 - $129.99
GM Multi Kit #MET992003 - $24.99
BULK 40GM 10 - #METAD-GM1 - $0
Labor - Travis (guy who did install) - $230.00
Shop Materials - $23.00
Responder LCD Alrm/Start #DIRV5704 - $419.99
Upgrade GM Passlock MOD #DIRXKO1 - $59.99
Labor - Travis (guy who did install) -$170.00
Shop Materials - $17.00
10% Discount on Parts only
Tax - $59.37
Total = $1,448.82

This is exactly how it appears on the receipt (I hope this helps)

I will purchase the backup camera and have them install it for me. I will update once I have this done, but it might be awhile as travel soccer is starting for my babygirl.

Old 04-08-2014, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by Dieseldrums
looks like they used smaller pipe so it would fit inside the stock pipe. Those mufflers look like they were sitting in a junkyard. For $700 I want SHINEY parts lol!
I don't think the pipe size should make a difference tho.

Truck looks good.
Thanks for the kind words.

I went to an autoparts store to buy some exhaust tips and the manager told me that the smaller pipes are robbing me of power?? I'm not a mechanic, so I have no idea if this makes a difference or not, but regardless, I'm not happy with the sound. I was expecting so much more growl with two flowmasters coming out of a 6.0L engine.

When I had my 2009 Sierra, I had custom duals (not true duals) put on and it growled REAL nice . No flowmasters, just some mufflers the shop had in stock and it sounded GOOD.

Old 04-16-2014, 04:57 PM

Finally had a chance to get some more work done on the H2.

New exhaust tips

Old Gas Cap

New Cap

New side shot

Old 04-17-2014, 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by The R
Update....Ok.....Not happy with the Performance shop. I don't know if they thought I wouldn't notice the difference or they just didn't care. Take a look at these pictures and let me know what you think

They Didn't put chrome tips on?

Hard to measure and take a picture with a 6" smartphone...lol. Anyway, the new exjaust pipe they put on this 6.0L Beast measure 2 1/4 inches....Anything wrong with this

Notice the size difference under the truck

These were supposed to be flowmasters, they don't sound like no stinking flowmasters....sound more like flowdisasters...lmao

So, I'm going to call them and see what type of business men I'm dealing with. Will they redo it and put correct size exhaust or will I just order some Magnaflow or Borla and go to another shop and have it put on.....Oh, forgot to mention what they charged me to do the following
1.install new fuel filter
2.install new mass air sensor
3.remove tire from the back of the truck
4.replace the battery with the new on e I purchased
5.Two new mufflers and the pipes out the back (
didn't ask for dual exhaust out the back) I just wanted flowmasters put on.
Total Bill = $700.00
I provided all the parts except the Mufflers and pipe

Edit**
Anyone have a suggestion on what size exhaust they should put on?
I can tell you I wouldn't have gone any smaller then the factory size. When you have a high volume of exhaust passing thru small pipes under WOT it can sound more like air rushing out your exhaust, which maybe what your hearing (like a blow gun on an air hose). Why did you not go with a dual in single out flowmaster in minium 2.5"? On most vehicles the converters are the center of the hour glass so it really doesn't mater much the exhaust OD after the cat but I still wouldn't have accepted what was done.

I like what lineX did on your undercarriage, I am going to do the same and include my factory nerd bars, tire carrier, grill guards and the bumpers.

Old 04-17-2014, 03:27 PM

Hey ak47dennis,

I agree, I shouldn't have taken it the way it was, but I didn't know if the stock exhaust was actually larger than what they put on. I didn't realize this until I had another shop raise the H2 up for me to see. I plan to put the long tube headers on and have full 3" exhaust ran from cat back. Just a stupid mistake on my part. I no longer trust that shop and will not be taking my H2 back to them.

Old 04-28-2014, 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by The R
Thanks for the kind words. The Line-X is awesome. It starts out as a sticky tar like material, now it is really hard. I'm done with the major outside cosmetics for this year (Except my Advertising). I will add smoked lenses and small things like that, but nothing major until next fiscal year (Jan). The truck was picked up today from the performance shop and taken directly to the Car stereo place. New Kenwood DVD deck being installed with Viper smart alarm. I will post picks once I pick it up from the Signarama shop, where the advertising is being put on tomorrow afternoon.

Next Year Project;
12" Bullet Proof Suspension with the dual Fox racing shocks. 22 X 14 Polished Black Wheels (haven't made up my mind on the brand yet) and some nice Toyo Open Countrys.

I would love to do all of it now, but my accountant suggested I break it up into two fiscal years, so I have to wait
I just removed my rock sliders /side steps & my spare tire carrier. They are going to be sand blasted prior to Line X and was thinking wouldn't it be nice to do the undercarriage like you did! Was reviewing your pics again, what was applied to your Deuce isn't the Line X I am familiar with and had applied twice to my pick-ups. It looks to be maybe to be undercoating or paint that's it. Line X is a two part material the drys in seconds and is tough as flipping ***** (instantly)! It doesn't "stay or start out sticky "(like undercoating) and has a distinct texture. Sorry to brings this up but you may want to do some checking. Cheers