PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

New H2 Owner, I've already started Modifying

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2014, 11:42 AM

Is the line X purely cosmetic or will it actually prevent the rust from spreading/growing?

Old 04-05-2014, 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by GroceryGettinH2
Is the line X purely cosmetic or will it actually prevent the rust from spreading/growing?
I was told it will disssolve the rust and prevent it from coming back. Also, part of that total cost was the lining of the door panels with what is called "Peanut Butter". The "Peanut Butter" prevents rust and eliminates existing rust (So I was told). My other vehicles never had rust on them, so I can't tell you if that is true or not. It has a very bad smell at first but it wears away over time.

I like the Line-X treatment, this is the third vehicle I've had done with this same treatment and all the others held up very well. I can take some pictures of the "Peanut Butter" material if you want to see it?

Old 04-06-2014, 08:14 AM

The only place that i know around here (houston tx ) that does underbody spray wants 900$ to do this same thing :-(.. thats why i think i may try to do it myself with some spray cans ...

Old 04-07-2014, 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by hmer
The only place that i know around here (houston tx ) that does underbody spray wants 900$ to do this same thing :-(.. thats why i think i may try to do it myself with some spray cans ...
Wow,, that's unfortunate as this Line-X product is pretty awesome. Good luck

Old 04-07-2014, 05:04 PM

Update....Ok.....Not happy with the Performance shop. I don't know if they thought I wouldn't notice the difference or they just didn't care. Take a look at these pictures and let me know what you think

They Didn't put chrome tips on?

Hard to measure and take a picture with a 6" smartphone...lol. Anyway, the new exjaust pipe they put on this 6.0L Beast measure 2 1/4 inches....Anything wrong with this

Notice the size difference under the truck

These were supposed to be flowmasters, they don't sound like no stinking flowmasters....sound more like flowdisasters...lmao

So, I'm going to call them and see what type of business men I'm dealing with. Will they redo it and put correct size exhaust or will I just order some Magnaflow or Borla and go to another shop and have it put on.....Oh, forgot to mention what they charged me to do the following
1.install new fuel filter
2.install new mass air sensor
3.remove tire from the back of the truck
4.replace the battery with the new on e I purchased
5.Two new mufflers and the pipes out the back (
didn't ask for dual exhaust out the back) I just wanted flowmasters put on.
Total Bill = $700.00
I provided all the parts except the Mufflers and pipe

Edit**
Anyone have a suggestion on what size exhaust they should put on?

Old 04-07-2014, 05:10 PM

Printing on the windows turned out good.

Here is the new Head Unit I had Installed for the kids to watch movies while I drive. Kenwood Excelon DDX491HD

Screens in the Headrest

Last edited by The R; 04-07-2014 at 05:33 PM.
Old 04-07-2014, 09:16 PM

That's a nice looking rig.

Old 04-07-2014, 11:52 PM

Both look great! Did you use the factory DVD system and hook it up with the kenwood? I posted a question about doing that but no takers yet so am worried I'm going into this blind!

Old 04-07-2014, 11:57 PM

Btw how is the bluetooth and where did they install the mic? And...Where did you out the iPod plug? Think I have the same system to be installed or one like it so any info you can provide would be great. Thanks!

Old 04-08-2014, 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by elkgrunt
That's a nice looking rig.
Thanks for the kind words

Quick Reply: New H2 Owner, I've already started Modifying