PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

New H2 Owner, I've already started Modifying

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2014, 10:02 AM
Default New H2 Owner, I've already started Modifying

Hey Everyone,

I've just acquired a 2005 H2 Lux. I've only driven it 4 times (including the test drive). I love the truck, the size, the feeling of invincibility and the over all Beastlyness of the truck!

The one thing I could live with on the truck was the Rust, I've attached pictures of what it looked like when I picked it up.

So, the moment I signed the papers, I took it straight to this place

Here is what it looks like now

They kept it 4 days (it was raining) and the bill was $510.00

Next was the Windows. Every vehicle I've owned all the way back to 1990, has had the Windows Tinted Limo. So, here are the way the windows looked when I picked it up

After the Tint (this picture was taken once I had it to the next location for work to be done) - Total Price $210 for Tint

Next Stop (where it is now) Performance Shop. On the list of things to do;
1.Complete Tune up (wires,plugs,fuel filter, oxygen sensor)
2.Flowmaster Muffler to replace stock muffler
3.Remove the nasty, rusty, Rear spare tire Carrier
(The parts alone cost over $400 for this tune up, I got the parts from Advanced Auto Parts)

Here it is at the shop I have come to trust with my Vehicles. They are 25 minutes from my residence, but they are a family run business and seem to be honest.

After I pick it up from here, it is going straight to the "Signarama" store to have my company advertising put on the rear windows. I will keep you updated. I'm so excited to finally have this Vehicle

Old 04-02-2014, 10:54 AM

Welcome to the forums . ;-) ... how bad is the tire carrier ??? Im looking to get one i dont want to loose space with my spare inside ....

Old 04-02-2014, 12:42 PM

WElcome looking good!

Old 04-02-2014, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by hmer
Welcome to the forums . ;-) ... how bad is the tire carrier ??? Im looking to get one i dont want to loose space with my spare inside ....
To me, the tire carrier is in rough shape. To swing the carrier open, you just push a silver "tab" for lack of a better word and raise a Rusted out flap and the carrier will swing open. There is no real secure lock for this thing!

I will post pictures of the carrier once I get the truck done from the present shop.

I was going to remove the carrier regardless of the condition as it will interfere with my business advertising.

Old 04-02-2014, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by RGray711
WElcome looking good!
Thank you sir! This forum has always seemed very welcoming to new members, so I wanted to be apart of this team of H2 owners. I will have a couple hundred million questions soon, as I have an extensive list of modifications (upgrades) I plan to do over the next two years of this build.

Thanks again for the welcome

Old 04-02-2014, 02:33 PM
Talking tire carrier

Originally Posted by hmer
i have a tire carrier for sale. check that area of forum

Old 04-03-2014, 08:09 AM

Looking good. What kind of business do you have?

Old 04-03-2014, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by calif phil
Looking good. What kind of business do you have?
Thanks Phil!

I am a Computer Everything Expert . I took my first machine apart in the third grade (Apple II C) and I was hooked. I never went to college as I opened my first computer store the day I finished High School. I've since earned certifications on everything Microsoft, and started programming. So now, my main business is custom software development and website design. I'm also a Microsoft Registered Refurbisher, so I sell refurbished laptops on my website and eBay. Laptops start at $199 free shipping with a 1 year warranty, running Windows 7 Pro. I also offer Electronics Recycling to residences and Businesses within 100 miles of my office (Holly, Michigan). For my main clients, I take care of everything from the virtual server environments to the bare metal cloud backup solutions.

Once I finish redesigning my website, I will probably become a sponsor on this forum and see if I can grab some business while spending all this money on the Hummer

Last edited by The R; 04-03-2014 at 09:04 AM.
Old 04-03-2014, 05:46 PM

Welcome,

I went with the Pewter color also. Tinted my too, they look really good with it. Next is the undercoating. I've only put it through one New England winter and i already noticed a few rust spots. How is the Line-X? is it sticky or just a hard coating over it? Cant wait to see what you do next.... maybe some black rims? I would love to see what it looks like with 20in rims and some 37in tires

Good luck.

Old 04-03-2014, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by Nate2106
Welcome,

I went with the Pewter color also. Tinted my too, they look really good with it. Next is the undercoating. I've only put it through one New England winter and i already noticed a few rust spots. How is the Line-X? is it sticky or just a hard coating over it? Cant wait to see what you do next.... maybe some black rims? I would love to see what it looks like with 20in rims and some 37in tires

Good luck.
Thanks for the kind words. The Line-X is awesome. It starts out as a sticky tar like material, now it is really hard. I'm done with the major outside cosmetics for this year (Except my Advertising). I will add smoked lenses and small things like that, but nothing major until next fiscal year (Jan). The truck was picked up today from the performance shop and taken directly to the Car stereo place. New Kenwood DVD deck being installed with Viper smart alarm. I will post picks once I pick it up from the Signarama shop, where the advertising is being put on tomorrow afternoon.

Next Year Project;
12" Bullet Proof Suspension with the dual Fox racing shocks. 22 X 14 Polished Black Wheels (haven't made up my mind on the brand yet) and some nice Toyo Open Countrys.

I would love to do all of it now, but my accountant suggested I break it up into two fiscal years, so I have to wait

Quick Reply: New H2 Owner, I've already started Modifying