PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

New guy checking in (AZ)

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 08:49 PM
Default New guy checking in (AZ)

Whats up fellas just wanted to post up and say hello, share some pics of the ride and hopefully learn more about it and get some input from the vets. Ive been trying to educate myself the past month, been aDodge/Chrysler performanceguy all my life so this is definitely new territory for me!

I recentlypurchased a black2005 H2with several mods doneby the original owner and dealer. Not sure if he was on these boards or not, if he was maybe someone will recognize it.My previous 2 vehicles were bought brand new and everything was done by me, so its strange to now own someone elses "project"but for the most part it looks likeeverything was doneright and Ive already got some ideas onlittlechangestohelp make it my own.

Took me a few weeks to discover everything that was installed and Im still learning whats factory and whats aftermarket. I wont list all the extras,but the main ones Ive found so far are: Magna-Charger Radix supercharger kit, B&B exhaust, Volant intake,20" Jesse James wheels & Toyo tires, GM brush guard, Vizualogic DVD headrest monitors, TV tuner, backup camera,Inilex tracking device, Audiovox alarm/remote start, and several chrome trim pcs.It also appears that there was extensiveblack paint work done, and alllenses have been smoked including the headlights andDRLs.

My immediateplan is to continue with the blacked out theme and drop mostthebling. Nothing wrong with it, butits just not me and Ifeel on thisvehicle I want to shoot for more of a rugged look. Ive already removed the brush guard and side steps, andwant to get rid ofthe chrome hood handles, lower front bumper,side vents, hood latches,side marker bezels, mirrors, gas lid,andmaybe door handles.I want all these pieces to be either matte black or possibly a dark gunmetal, but getting therehas proved a little tricky so far...there is theissue of paint vs powdercoat, using existing pcsthat are hard to prep vs gettingplastic stock pcs, etc.Most important thing is that everything matches when finished, and I want to go dark but not match the factory paint exact.

If anyone has any input/suggestions, or may be interested in doing some tradingplease let me know! Sorry for the long intro,once I start talking about vehicles and mods itshardfor me to shut up!Hopefully I will get more ideas from here and getmore familiar with the ride, and I cant wait to see whatmine and others arecapable of doing off road.

Old 01-25-2009, 08:59 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: New guy checking in (AZ)

Yep that is a black monster. I like your ideas about what to do with the bling and going with a dark one off color. Welcome.

Old 01-25-2009, 09:03 PM

Wow, very nice. I'de drive that for sure!!

Welcome aboard.

Old 01-25-2009, 09:10 PM

Very SHARP!!!

Old 01-26-2009, 03:26 AM

Thanks guys for the compliments! Wish I could take credit but first owner did a good job with it. I dont plan on changing much, just some small adjustments here and there.

Anything to watch out for mechanically on these, or history of trouble areas? I am concerned about the fact that its supercharged and I have almost no info on the tune. I plan on getting it checked out at a shop soon to see whats what and a few gages are in order. Ive heard magna-charger kits are good and dont require a lot upkeep but I couldnt tell you my air fuel right now or even how much PSI Im running and thats a problem. What kind of setup do most people run with?