PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

New guy

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2011, 09:00 PM
Default New guy

Hey just a shout out to the hummer forums! I dont have a hummer yet but I am planning to get one next spring after college. lol it is going to be my graduation present to myself for 5 years worth of mechanical engineering classes and product design classes. I will have a bs as an ME and a minor in product design graduating from Michigan Tech.

I plan to get an H2 in either black or red and will be doing some stuff to it as i get cash to mod it. the plan is a 6" lift with some 38s, winch that i can take front or back in either receiver mount, k&n full intake, exhaust, full exo-cage, off road bumpers and some other stuff. I want to make the exo myself and probably my bumpers too. I am thinking it will be an 03-04 or so since i wont have a real big budget.

I live in northern WI. Currently i drive a 97 Pontiac sunfire and a 97 ford explorer that will most likely both be gone this spring after i start working full time.

I plan to keep surfing the site in the mean time to not only admire some of the awesome h2's on here but learn as much as i can before i get one. There are some great trucks on this site! Im glad i am a member here.

Steve

Old 10-30-2011, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by honda400ex2003
Hey just a shout out to the hummer forums! I dont have a hummer yet but I am planning to get one next spring after college. lol it is going to be my graduation present to myself for 5 years worth of mechanical engineering classes and product design classes. I will have a bs as an ME and a minor in product design graduating from Michigan Tech.

I plan to get an H2 in either black or red and will be doing some stuff to it as i get cash to mod it. the plan is a 6" lift with some 38s, winch that i can take front or back in either receiver mount, k&n full intake, exhaust, full exo-cage, off road bumpers and some other stuff. I want to make the exo myself and probably my bumpers too. I am thinking it will be an 03-04 or so since i wont have a real big budget.

I live in northern WI. Currently i drive a 97 Pontiac sunfire and a 97 ford explorer that will most likely both be gone this spring after i start working full time.

I plan to keep surfing the site in the mean time to not only admire some of the awesome h2's on here but learn as much as i can before i get one. There are some great trucks on this site! Im glad i am a member here.

Steve
welcome!! and congrats on your near completion of your degree! I think you deserve an h2! haahah keep us updated and would LOVE to see that exo-cage you are planning! i've seen em on some h2s while browsing they web and they look BA!

Old 10-30-2011, 02:23 PM

i will def do that, I found a couple of pics of them on some h2's so i will use those as a reference. i still have to find a bender and welder in the meantime so that i can build this stuff a bit easier. I am planning to use either 1.25" OD if i can find some with .125" wall on it for a good price, otherwise it will be 1" OD.

I also plan on getting a goki rack for the top or making something similar to customize it to my liking. that would be some 1/2" OD pipe most likely.

I also want to find a wrap of some sort for it to keep it from getting scratched up while wheeling. I like to keep my stuff as nice as possible and up here there are alot of branches and such to scrape the sides while wheeling. esp in this monster. lol

theres lots in my plans for it, i just need to get the cash to do everything. it will be a work in progress along with the rest of my toys.

thanks for the compliment also! I appreciate it!

steve

Old 10-30-2011, 05:01 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to HF

Old 10-30-2011, 06:19 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to Hummer Forums.... and I appreciate your comments towards my H2 in the other thread.

Old 10-31-2011, 09:00 PM

Welcome aboard !

Old 11-01-2011, 08:48 AM

Welcome. Nice choice the H2.

Old 11-03-2011, 07:43 PM

thanks for the welcome everyone! I cant wait to get one

steve

Old 05-11-2012, 11:31 PM

The time has finally come, im finished with school and started working full time and the hunt is on!

graduated a couple weeks ago and worked my first full time week this past. i have a few things to take care of but the wheels are turning on how i am going to try to get my hands on a local h2 with a lift and stuff on it already. I have to try to get my small credit card balance paid off and my other small insurance claim to cover and thats all till my college loans come due in december or so.

The hunt has started, time to get some coin and buy myself that h2 for my present to myself!

steve

Old 05-12-2012, 09:45 PM

congrats and good luck on the hunt

Quick Reply: New guy