PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

New Forum???

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 02:56 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: New Forum???

Personally I don't feel we have the interst for it right now... HummerGuy has been busting *** in the meets forum and others have started to bring life there as well...

To break it up and split it into smaller groups would make it look like we have fallen back to the way it used to be... IMHO... I think we waited too long to split it...

Old 04-30-2008, 03:23 PM
Super Moderator

Not sure we ever did decide. Looks like most people respond to events posted in the event section that are close to them. I have seen a number of comments about being able to determine what members are within a geographical area to contact about events. Not sure if there is an easy way to sort the members by state/region, etc. Not sure it is a big deal.

Old 04-30-2008, 03:44 PM
Super Moderator

Here is a lame azzed idea. Instead of a regional section, can we search members by state/region instead of just screen name??? [&o]

Old 04-30-2008, 03:49 PM
Super Moderator

You can sort them by state in the member list.... but only if they filled in that block.... it's not mandatory to register...

Old 04-30-2008, 09:03 PM

How good would that really do though. Would you have searched Ohio or Illinois for the memorial day thing? I really think that the way it is works, for now.

Old 04-30-2008, 09:14 PM
Super Moderator

No I think the people that were asking were interested in notifying people within a certain distance about an event to help promote activity and participation.

Old 04-30-2008, 09:26 PM

No no, I get that. I'm just saying that I think people will respond if they want to do something like that when they see the title and location of event. Point was that HG and I are going to go damned near to NJ. Who would have thought to look for anyone as far away as us to invite? Maybe I AM missing the point, but I thought that was what we were talking about.

Old 05-01-2008, 12:03 AM
Super Moderator

No that was on point. Lots of people don't spend the time on here that we do. I think that being able to PM people and let them know about events close to them would be a good thing. Could also help organize events like SOAZ clean up event in AZ. Couldn't hurt to have the capability. Sounds like we do but without requiring people to put down their state when the register the system would have a lot of holes.

Old 05-01-2008, 07:47 AM

That makes sense, I guess I was talking more about the regional thing. I don't think that the state registration is a bad thing

Old 05-01-2008, 08:21 AM
Super Moderator

Since everybody thinks the regional section may not be the most functional way to do things at this time, I think the best way to approach this would be to create a thread as I did in the Meet section that is managed by us where we can keep a visible database of three variables: Username, Location and Event Willingness, meaning how far on average you are willing to travel for an event.

If we do this, anybody on the forum can get on the list and then we have a visible database for all members to use to contact others via PM or Email when something comes up. If we make a reasonable attempt to manage the list and keep the format clean, it may work out.

Quick Reply: New Forum???