PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

New Air Suspension Problem..Need Ideas...

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2011, 02:26 PM
Smile air lift problem

do a coil spring conversion.. I had 08 with air lift that was never right. dealer fixed it, worked awhile the problem again. all air lift suspensions are problems.www.strutmasters.com/

you will be happy

hope this helps

Old 07-10-2011, 09:48 PM

It sounds like the bag system is a problem area. I am not unhappy with the performance of the bags but think the compressor cycles too frequently. The bags don't leak down and the compressor does not run constantly but is only off for about 3 min. and then cycles again. Is this normal?

Old 07-11-2011, 09:52 PM

+1 on the coil conversion.

Did mine and glad I did

Old 07-12-2011, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by balzout
It sounds like the bag system is a problem area. I am not unhappy with the performance of the bags but think the compressor cycles too frequently. The bags don't leak down and the compressor does not run constantly but is only off for about 3 min. and then cycles again. Is this normal?
I can look into this for you with your VIN. The VIN will allow me to look up this information as it applies to you8r vehicle specificly. Please feel free to contact me via private message as well. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

Old 07-12-2011, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by BOBTAMAYOH2
"My leak is on the passenger side..it is intermittent..when it is leaking it is LOUD like the air line is totally cut and its fast (leaks from full inflation to bump stop in under a minute)" I also have the same problem. The compressor will fill them up and hold some times for a week. But now I have a new problem. Before I could get the bags replaced the compressor stopped comming on to fill the bags. Is it possible that the compressor died from over working during the times when the valve would randomly let the air out and stay open and?
I would recommend contacting your local dealership for more assistance. I can also look into this issue further. In order to do more research, I will need some more specific information from you such as your name, address, phone number, the VIN for the vehicle, current mileage, and dealer name. If you have further questions, please feel free to contact me either on the thread or via private message. Thank you.

Old 07-12-2011, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by GMCustomerService
I can look into this for you with your VIN. The VIN will allow me to look up this information as it applies to you8r vehicle specificly. Please feel free to contact me via private message as well. Thank you.

I would recommend contacting your local dealership for more assistance. I can also look into this issue further. In order to do more research, I will need some more specific information from you such as your name, address, phone number, the VIN for the vehicle, current mileage, and dealer name. If you have further questions, please feel free to contact me either on the thread or via private message. Thank you.

Are you for real? Seeing responses like this just depresses me and convinces me that the government did a horrible thing by not just allowing GM to go bankrupt.

Old 07-12-2011, 03:07 PM

Name:  Peggy.jpg
Views: 2192
Size:  8.0 KB
Peggy! Please, just stop the madness!

Old 08-19-2011, 08:34 PM

How often should the bags be replaced? 2-3 years?

Old 08-20-2011, 06:42 AM

I had a leveling sensor break after pressure washing mud from the left rear wheel well. I vent to AutoZone across the street to try and find something to fix it as the dealer charges around $150 for a new part and it takes 2-3 days for it to come in. After McGyvering a fix, my system wouldn't air the bag up. I thought I burned the compressor out. After reading the manual, I learned that the system will not level the truck while any doors or the back liftgate is open. I shut the door and the system resumed operation. I have also had a time when the compressor would not shut off even after the truck is turned off. After reading the forum I found the problem to be a stuck relay. The relay is located in front of the drivers side firewall close to the frame under the master cylinder. It should be a grey stand alone relay. I found mine looking in from the left front wheel well. I hear they can get stuck due to the fact that they are so close to the exhaust manifold.