PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

New Additions to my Hummer

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 03:23 AM
Default RE: New Additions to my Hummer

Looking great. Now I gotta get of my kister and get some MODS done!!

Sam

Old 03-04-2008, 11:38 AM

ORIGINAL: SamHouseIII

Looking great. Now I gotta get of my kister and get some MODS done!!

Sam
Always so much left to Mod and so little time!

Old 03-07-2008, 11:38 AM

I just installed a CAI with a mod to the snorkel tube....I average 3 to 5 degrees difference between
ambient temps and actual intake temps (as registered at highway speeds). Just want to see how effective it is.
I am about 15-20 degrees from outside air. If I jump on the freeway first thing, it will stay 8-10 degrees gap until the first slowdown, then it spikes to 15-20.

Old 03-07-2008, 08:37 PM

Thank you for doing that. I really appreciate it.

I didn't have a chance to benchmark mine before I did the install and was just
curious what an extra .5 inches of diameter would make if any. We are pretty close
on idle/slow speed temps, but highway speeds looks to be where the big difference is.

Again, thanks.

BTW, it sure is a shame that the H3 doesn't collect oil pressure or tranny temp data
in such a way that it can be harvested and displayed on the SGII. Oh well.....I still
find it to be a pretty useful gadget...I'm thinking about sending mine in to get
the new software and additional guages....Just don't know if the data is there to display.

Old 03-07-2008, 11:34 PM

Tranny temp is possible if your ScanGauge has the XGauge option. Here is a document with some custom entries: LINKY

I am a computer geek, so I am looking at what else I can program the unit to pick up.

Old 03-08-2008, 12:03 AM

You can actually get a tranny temp via OBDII on the H3? I know they have a ton
of cool new gauges available, but I'm not sure the actual data is available to
populate the gauge display.

Example: SGII will do oil pressure. However, the H3 does not produce that info,
so the gauge is a moot point. There isn't an actual pressure reading to view,
only a pass/fail trigger and subsequent alarm.

The SGII folks told me that if there is code coming from the OBDII port and we can
provide them with the details, they can gauge it. Unfortunately, most of the extra
stuff I wanted to monitor can't be got to......

Am I making any sense?

At any rate....I'm sure you will put yours through it's paces and should be able
to tell us what all it will and wont do under the new software rev.....I think I'll wait
to hear your thoughts before I upgrade.

Old 03-08-2008, 09:42 AM

You can actually get a tranny temp via OBDII on the H3? I know they have a ton
of cool new gauges available, but I'm not sure the actual data is available to
populate the gauge display.
Ah, not sure on the H3 . . . yet. I made a bad assumption since I did see the entry in xgauge book. I will try it this weekend.

Sorry about misleading you . . . I guess I should get ALL the facts first.

Old 03-08-2008, 06:44 PM

I added a few entries to the ScanGuageII in XGauge. Pretty cool stuff!

Horsepower (Gasoline Gross/Brake)
TXD: 00
RXF: 400080000000
RXD: 0000
MTH: 00A00170000
NAM: HPR

Remaining Oil Life (Percentage)
TXD: 6C10F122119F01
RXF: 04628511069F
RXD: 3008
MTH: 00C800330000
NAM: OLF

Bad news . . . looks like the H3 doesn't pass tranny temp through OBDII. I have a 5-speed, so if someone want to try to punch in the code on their automatic, please do so and let us know what the result is. Mine kept displaying -40 degrees.

Old 03-08-2008, 07:17 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if I can log tranny temp and oil pressureusing my scanning packages. I have both HP Tuners and EFILive V2, both of which can read the E67 ECM. I upgraded my EFILive V1 license to the V2 version with the new handheld controller so I could access the E67 module as V1 couldn't.The new scanning/tuning software incorporates a virtual VE table to compensate for the VE coefficients which were a pain to work with in previous versions. The VE table can be modified just like other ECM VE tables (like in myE38 vettes) and EFILive calculates the new coefficients. This means that, basically,the same techniques used to tuneearlier PCM's(like the E38)should apply to the E67.

I have read and downloaded the Alpha's ECM tune to my laptop and am getting ready to do some logging/tuning this spring but I'd like to add a wideband O2 first. I'll be checking out the rest of the stock calibrations also to seeif extra power can be gleaned in stock form before moving forward with any mods. The tranny settings are also of interest as I'mcurious to see how it differs, if any, from the tranny settings I have in my wife's vette which also runs the 4L60E.

Belowis a screenshot of the virtual VE table. As expected, there is the usual conservative tuning present from the General. Understandably, there is a long disclaimer dialogue boxthat comes up initially when opening this calibration screen warning the user that this is a virtual matrix generated using a polynomial that approximates and smooths the surface.

Name:  EFIscreenshot.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  187.6 KB

Nice job on the upgrades, cbetts. Web page is very helpful also.

Old 03-09-2008, 10:22 AM
Super Moderator

Hey Gunner.... couldn't you just add a sending unit to an unused hole and get your data that way?

Quick Reply: New Additions to my Hummer