PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

New Additions to my Hummer

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 09:01 PM
Default New Additions to my Hummer

Man, been busy this weekend putting on some nice additions to my H3.

After two years, I finally needed to change my wipers. WalMart ran out on Anco brand, so I decided to try out a set of Michelin Radius. I think they actually have a nicer look to them. Sorry, I live in LA, so I can not tell you how well they work in the snow. Here are some pics: LINKY

Next came the K&N air filter. I stayed away from the CAI (Cold Air Intake) kits since California has made them illegal. I did not notice any additional noise from this one, even with the air box lid off. Here are some pics of that: LINKY

I finished off the weekend by installing a ScanGaugeII unit. I went through many scenarios of where to mount the unit. Since I have so many other goodies mounted, I decided to place it on top of the steering column. More pics: LINKY

I have had several PMs asking me what I have done added to my H3, so I decided to blast-out a web page detailing everything: LINKY

Here is a link to my gallery of all the things I have done . . . so far: LINKY

Next on the list of stuff to add is a Pioneer AVIC-D3 GPS unit and some new treds. Not sure what I want for tires yet. I drive the H3 mostly in the city so I will most likely keep it close to the stock tires. Maybe some BFG A/Ts. I actually like the Bridgstones I have right now, except for the fact I cut a few chunks off of them while mountain climbing in the Eastern Sierras.

Tell me what you guys (and gals) think of what I have done so far. Many of you have assisted me in making these decisions with a multitude of forum entries. I want to thank you all for making this an awesome place for us Hummer owners!

EDIT- One day, I am going to learn to use a spell checker BEFORE clicking the OK button . . .

[IMG]local://upfiles/2250/31D4CAD5DA4E42CE96A60BA9FF0ABC28.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-02-2008, 09:13 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: New Additions to my Hummer

Looks good. i like the idea of a CB antenna mount that matches the radio antenna mount.

Old 03-02-2008, 09:57 PM

can u run it with the k&n filter safely with the lid off??

Old 03-02-2008, 10:06 PM

Is the ScanGauge that useful? Just looked it up and may get one now, thanks

Old 03-02-2008, 10:34 PM

Hey Betts,

Can you do me a big favor.....Set that SGII to pick up your air intake temp for a day or so?

I'd like to see what the temp difference is between outside air and the air hitting the intake on a stock setup.

Why?

I just installed a CAI with a mod to the snorkel tube....I average 3 to 5 degrees difference between
ambient temps and actual intake temps (as registered at highway speeds). Just want to see how effective it is.

BTW: Your air box looked spotless compared to the swamp in the bottom of mine. [:@][:@]

To Rhill: It (The Scan Guage II) has been worth every penny of the $149 I paid for it....Group buy here on the forum.

I just mounted mine in the same spot, I just used a double dot of Velcro.

Old 03-03-2008, 04:24 AM

Nice job Craig. Looks good!

Old 03-03-2008, 09:07 AM

can u run it with the k&n filter safely with the lid off??
Not sure. I only had it off to hear the noise, which there was little of . . . I keep the lid on.

Old 03-03-2008, 09:49 AM

ORIGINAL: Gunner_45

Hey Betts,

Can you do me a big favor.....Set that SGII to pick up your air intake temp for a day or so?

I'd like to see what the temp difference is between outside air and the air hitting the intake on a stock setup.
Sure thing. Curiosity is getting the best of me anyways! Besides. I was looking for a fourth entry to monitor.

EDIT- More grammatical errors . . .

Old 03-03-2008, 11:16 PM

Those are sweet wipers.

Old 03-04-2008, 02:42 AM

Everything looks SUPER!!!!

Quick Reply: New Additions to my Hummer