PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

nerf bar question

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 03:43 PM
Default nerf bar question

washing the truck yesterday I discovered one of those little step pads on the bar is cracked, anyone know if you can buy just those?? or do you have to buy an entirely new bar?

Old 08-23-2010, 03:53 PM
Banned

I say ditch the nerf bars. Then crank the torsion bars for maximum effect.

Old 08-23-2010, 04:01 PM

You know I have the same ones probalby and I couldn't find a replacement pad anywhere. So I used some black rtv sealant and made it work.

Old 08-23-2010, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by jman_in_minnesota
washing the truck yesterday I discovered one of those little step pads on the bar is cracked, anyone know if you can buy just those?? or do you have to buy an entirely new bar?
What brand? I know Westin will sell just the replacement pads. Also, I can't remember where I saw them, (possibly Westin?), but someone makes stainless overlay pads to cover the plastic ones.

Old 08-23-2010, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Broken Halo
What brand? I know Westin will sell just the replacement pads. Also, I can't remember where I saw them, (possibly Westin?), but someone makes stainless overlay pads to cover the plastic ones.
they're the OEM ones from GM, dealer put them on before I bought the vehicle, have no idea the brand actually

I've been on the Westin site and seen the oval bars, those pretty good?

Old 08-23-2010, 05:32 PM

they're the OEM ones from GM, dealer put them on before I bought the vehicle, have no idea the brand actually

I've been on the Westin site and seen the oval bars, those pretty good?
I got the 3" dia. round ones. The type I got have been discontinued by Westin. They were the ONLY ones on the market that were chrome plated stainless steel. Westin told me they had to be more price competitive with everyone else, that were either chrome plating steel, or polishing stainless steel. It kinda gave me the best of both worlds whereas chrome plating is harder and has a better shine then stainless, but is also corrosion proof compared to steel.

Old 08-24-2010, 04:48 PM

anyone know if there is a part number associated with the step pad on the stock OEM nerf bar?

(FYI- the bar part number is 19211855)

Last edited by jman_in_minnesota; 08-24-2010 at 04:52 PM.
Old 08-24-2010, 06:39 PM

anyone know if there is a part number associated with the step pad on the stock OEM nerf bar?

(FYI- the bar part number is 19211855)
It took some looking, but I found the overlay steps I was talking about in a earlier post. They come in polished or black powder coat, and might be something you'd want to consider. Here's the link:
http://www.realwheelsacc.com/h3_420-1.html

Old 08-24-2010, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by Broken Halo
It took some looking, but I found the overlay steps I was talking about in a earlier post. They come in polished or black powder coat, and might be something you'd want to consider. Here's the link:
http://www.realwheelsacc.com/h3_420-1.html
Wow, I likes those, pretty nice. Thanks for the link! I also got an email from my local dealer, seems they sell a kit w/ 4 pads for the stock bars. Waiting to see the price for that first...

Old 01-14-2013, 09:51 PM

I'm new to he forum and trying to find replacement pads for the oem step bars on my '06 H3. Know your post was from 2010 but checking to see if you still had any part numbers for the replacement pad kit available from the dealer...thanks

Quick Reply: nerf bar question