PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

which nerf bar to get

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2013, 03:29 AM
Default which nerf bar to get

I'm decided to get nerf bars for my 05 H2. I found this link- http://4wheelonline.com/Nerf_Bars.19775 and looks like they have good prices, but can’t decide which one to get. I know Nfab and Go Rhino are some of the popular brands. Does anyone have this kind of side steps? I also like the Amp power steps since it is fully automatic but it’s expensive. Do you think it is really worth the money? Reducing my ground clearance is not really a big concern since I don’t do extreme off-roading. Any advice, guys? Thanks.

Old 10-30-2013, 08:02 AM

I have N-Fab and I really like them. The powder coating is EXTREMELY hard. They have been on for years and the power coating has not even worn through where I step on the grooved non-slip surface. Pretty impressed. I like em!

Old 10-30-2013, 12:38 PM
Default Go AMP

I upgraded from OEM nerf bards to the AMP steps. I must say that I'm glad I did. They are really nice looking, and functional. I like the fact that they store up and in when not in use. They also have a step light that comes on when they open (very handy to have at night for safety).

Yes, they are expensive but in my opinion well worth the investment, especially if you're not planning on doing any big rock crawling.

Old 10-30-2013, 06:39 PM

I like the OEM removable U-step personally. I like the fact that I can remove em when out in the dirt.

Old 10-30-2013, 06:42 PM

Hummer U-Steps hands down! Looks the best but good luck finding them for a decent price.

Old 10-30-2013, 06:46 PM
Default No way

This is absurd! I cant believe these prices for these steps!!! Might as well go with the AMP power steps if you're going to go that far......

Set of Two Hummer H2 U Steps RARE | eBay

Old 10-30-2013, 06:59 PM

Mine were starting to look a little weathered. took em down to a local powder coater and had em redone. they lost one of the cotter type clips that hold the bolt in place. no biggie just found one that matched.....took it out in the dirt and had a rock fly up and scratch the hell out of the lf step. what a pain. gotta take it back in . maybe they will do it for free for loosing parts the last time.

Old 10-30-2013, 08:13 PM

just ordered my N-FAB bars also, installing this weekend!!

Old 10-30-2013, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by unique1
just ordered my N-FAB bars also, installing this weekend!!
N-FAB...Whoop-***...you will really like them. I think they are some of the best looking out there. They have just the right proportions.

Old 10-30-2013, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by fyr145
I upgraded from OEM nerf bards to the AMP steps. I must say that I'm glad I did. They are really nice looking, and functional. I like the fact that they store up and in when not in use. They also have a step light that comes on when they open (very handy to have at night for safety).

Yes, they are expensive but in my opinion well worth the investment, especially if you're not planning on doing any big rock crawling.
Those are nice , I like the fold feature , I replace the OEM Luxury for Aries the big ones , overall Im very happy , make the truck looks bigger , however not too functional if you are a offroader

Quick Reply: which nerf bar to get