PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Need your opinions!!!! Good Idea???

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 05:48 PM
Default Need your opinions!!!! Good Idea???

Ok, here it is:
I know of a 2005 H2 Lux with air suspension. It has 7000 original miles. Mint condition.
This person is willing to trade my H3 for his. Now I know my H3 is not going to hold it's value once the NADA comes out with their prices. The H2 books for $40K.
I really like the H2...only it has the light interior--which isn't all that bad! Should I take the trade and run away happy?
Any known problems with the 05' models?

Old 05-30-2008, 06:06 PM
Default RE: Need your opinions!!!! Good Idea???

Why can't I find these people???!!!

Hell yeah, trade it. LOL

LOVE my 3, but if anyone wants to trade a Duece for the 3 let me know

Old 05-30-2008, 06:09 PM
Super Moderator

It may book for 40K but doubt it would bring it. You can buy new 07s still on some dealer's lots in the mid 40s with full warranty coverage.

Old 05-30-2008, 06:44 PM

Ok, this is what I want to know.....The dealer up here doesn't have any leftover 07's....plus they don't want to give you anything for the H3.....offering $30K, which is just wrong! I can't afford a higher payment than what I have now....and this would give me a slightly lower payment......the only bad thing is that it doesn't have any warranty left......I think it only came with 3/36 bumper to bumper.....does anyone know if it came with a longer powertrain warranty?

Old 05-30-2008, 07:51 PM

If you can not afford a higher payment, also think of the difference in gas you will be paying. I almostpulled the trigger on a 07new H2 dealer kept calling me,but I came to reason and just thought maybe it is just not pratical at this time.Impulse gets us all, then we have buyers remorse.[:@]

Old 05-30-2008, 08:03 PM
Super Moderator

or not.

Old 05-30-2008, 09:11 PM

Tell me if you're not doing it, I'll remorse later

Old 05-31-2008, 12:06 AM

ORIGINAL: SteveO

If you can not afford a higher payment, also think of the difference in gas you will be paying. I almostpulled the trigger on a 07new H2 dealer kept calling me,but I came to reason and just thought maybe it is just not pratical at this time.Impulse gets us all, then we have buyers remorse.[:@]
Good point with the extra expense - if you can't/won't go higher on payment, you do need to consider the gas. I too would be hesitant on losing the warranty, especially if you want to take it offroad occasionally.

Old 05-31-2008, 06:11 AM

As far as problems with oth 05's, I have only had one and it was minor. An emission sensor needed replaced. Other than that I've had no problems at all. I've had mine for almost 3 years and everything still works like new

Old 05-31-2008, 08:11 AM

You need to deicide what's best for you, if your not happy with the Alpha and want to get out of it than do it. You are going to pay more for gas and repairs that may or may not come up. So that lower monthly payment may actually cost more in the end. If your going to continue going off road it's alot eaiser to fit the H3 on the trails and with that engine you got plenty of power.
Let us know what you do, wish you all the best in whatever direction you go.

Quick Reply: Need your opinions!!!! Good Idea???