PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Need your advice...

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 04:34 PM

oh wow that is the same dealer I went to for my H3 and visit often for maintence. Which salesman are you dealing with?

I do not see their yellow one on the site. I went by there the other day and I believe I saw the red one you are talking about. Sharp looking. I have seen 07's ( I work in the car business) priced anywhere from 20-25k, but with that amount of miles I would think it would be around the right price you are at now. It looks like they did a brake job on it at the dealer. I would say that the deal looks very good. KBB suggests around $24k...

Old 11-23-2009, 07:12 PM

It looks like this is an official Hummer dealer so you might be able to get either vehicle "certified" and your warranty is extended to 6 years, 100k miles from original purchase date. That would cover the 2006 and its powertrain even though it wasn't covered under the original factory warranty. The 06 might still qualify but the 07 might be out of range at this point due to miles. They should be able to let you know.

I purchased my 2006 Yellow H3 Lux last August. It had 21000 miles on it and I got it for $20,900 and then I paid the fee for it to be certified. I think it was $1500 or something like that. You should be able to deal that price down quite a bit more. Mine was listed on the dealer site at 25k and on the lot at 27k. Gas prices are going up and its the end of the year... economy still sucks. I think they have room to sell on either or they'll sit there for a while ... or get auctioned!

The year before I stupidly got myself into and quickly out of an FJ. I've never looked backed or had any remorse on the H3.

I went to the Hummer website and grabbed a link to the CPO details for you:

http://www.hummer.com/popups/CPOLimi...nformation.pdf

Old 11-23-2009, 09:00 PM

One of the vehicles is at Car Max. Not sure if anyone has had good or bad luck with them. I hear they sell a lot of formal rental cars.

Old 11-24-2009, 10:38 AM

Not much you can tell from the pictures. As previously mentioned you should end up with some bumper to bumper warranty left on the 2007, so you have some peace of mind if it has issues. Probably want to look carefully for any evidence of leaking around the sunroof. None of the H3's on the site appear to be Adventure packages, not an issue unless you really plan to offroad.

I personally really enjoy my 07 and keep it well coated in mud - known to protect the vehicle.

Old 11-24-2009, 11:47 AM

The bumper to bumper would be ddine already as the car has 38,000 and has been in use for 3 years already so the warranty is gine already.

Old 11-24-2009, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by DougandBeth
One of the vehicles is at Car Max. Not sure if anyone has had good or bad luck with them. I hear they sell a lot of formal rental cars.
Carmax does sell a ton of rental cars and usually a lot of lease cars, which a lot of dealers do. Carmax has its own guarantees, but does not have any factory warranties unless there is a carryover on the vehicle. They offer extended warranties, but you have to purchase them. I know exactly which dealer you are talking about and they get decent ratings.

You may also want to look at Karl Hummer in CT for some deals. They are my preferred dealer in CT, however they do not sell many used Hummers.

Old 11-24-2009, 12:12 PM

Actually just got back from karl this morning and they have a few but the prices are all in the $29,000 range for a 2007. Their vehicles are all former corporate vehicles not sure if that is a good thing or bad thing.

Old 11-24-2009, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by DougandBeth
Actually just got back from karl this morning and they have a few but the prices are all in the $29,000 range for a 2007. Their vehicles are all former corporate vehicles not sure if that is a good thing or bad thing.
Wow! The prices on the h3s are crazy!

These prices are higher than when I was looking back in January, and they were way higher then than when my brother bought his in the fall of 2008. I'll just go ahead and make you sick: he paid $24,000 for a decked out 08 Alpha with 8000 miles on it! That's when gas prices were at $4.00 gallon!

The red one looks really nice. I do love those wheels...the style and that they are chrome. I didn't realize they even came on the 07s. And I'd want to add the racks on top. Those just set off the whole look of the h3, IMO.

Good luck with your decision. I went with the h3x and love it!

Here's mine...

Name:  jan31e.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  102.6 KB

Old 11-24-2009, 01:48 PM

Just got a call from the dealer and they just had another turned in this morning.

2007 Slate Blue H3
Black Leather - Luxury Package
Auto
Sunroof
Chrome Pkg - door handles/mirrors
Chrome Rims
Trailer hitch
Chrome Steps
Chrome Roof Racks
33k miles

$23,662 Sale Price, plus tax, title and registration

Old 11-24-2009, 02:49 PM

Loehmann-Blasius in Waterbury has a couple on thier lot.
It's where I bought my 2007 Slate Blue H3

http://www.blasiuschevycadillac.com/

Quick Reply: Need your advice...