PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Need HELP w/ alignment!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 08:09 PM
Default RE: Need HELP w/ alignment!!!

Thanks for info alphadogg. Ill keep my fingers crossed that everything go's smoothly at dealership. If you got it done, then obviously it can be done, and the guy was full of s#*@ at Firestone.

Old 03-06-2008, 09:45 PM

I took mine to my local dealership today to have my 6-disc radio unlocked and got the front end alignment. I was able to talk to the tech doing the alignment and told him that since the front had been lifted 2" with the torsion bars and I had put on longer shocks that it "might" be a bit out of spec. He just grinned. All in all, I spent almost 3 hours at the dealership today but got the radio unlocked ($45) and the alignment ($60) plus a car wash. No complaints here.

Old 03-07-2008, 08:49 PM

Did they just go in throught the OBDII port to unlock it?

Old 03-07-2008, 10:09 PM

Got everything aligned today. no probs at all at the dealership. I guess the guy @ Firestone was in fact an idiot.

Old 03-08-2008, 03:39 AM

Gunner,

I'm not sure how they unlocked it, but I don't think they pulled the radio back out of the dash. So my guess is they hooked a laptop up to the port. The service person/valet told me that it took them"a bit" to figure it out. Guess they don't have that many people come in swapping radios. Atleast they figured it out within a hours worth of labor. When Ifirst called about doing this a month ago, they wanted $90 to reprogram and for me to leave it all day. When in doubt,call back a week or so later and hope you get someone else.

Old 03-09-2008, 10:07 PM

firestone freakin sucks. i have lifetime with them... it takes 3 times and over 6 hours for them to do it.. and its still never good!!

Old 03-11-2008, 12:57 AM

ORIGINAL: josh1899

I checked the part #'s on my shocks, and they are the same as on Trail Duty's website, so the cognitos have in fact been redesigned.
They are using a different shock now.The original ones were for a Ford (BE5-6140-T5). Cognito modified the lower mount (eye to clevis) and the internal bumpstops. They are now using a shock meant for a GM K1500 and it looks like they just modify the bumpstops now.

As for the original topic, Firestone sucks. I went there for the lifetime alignment deal. They had my truck all day and it was worse afterwards than when I took it in.You could actually see the toe-in and it pulled hard. [:@] I didn't have time for them to fix it. I'll take it back to them one more time with the Truxxx specs to see if they can get it done right.

Old 03-11-2008, 09:43 AM
Super Moderator

AND.................nobody has a pic of the redesigned/new cognitos???? [&o]

[sm=ttiwwp.gif]

Old 03-11-2008, 09:50 AM

Just use your imagination Doc.

Old 03-11-2008, 09:12 PM

I'll have pics of all my recent mods next week when my Rocky Road sliders come in. Figured I'd get everything done before I post up pics. My sig is getting too long...........

Quick Reply: Need HELP w/ alignment!!!