PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Need HELP Please!!!! H3 Question......!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 06:11 PM
Default Need HELP Please!!!! H3 Question......!!!!

Hello to all!
I have a very important question/situation on my hands. I am a new to owning a H3. I have noticed a very strange front end issue and I apologize now for the way that I have to describe this issue. As there is no real effective way to do it unless you are behind the wheel, so I will do my best!
I notice when I am driving that it feels (especially at slow speeds) as though my truck is trying to catch up with itself. It does not feel like a typical alignment problem where it pulls from L to R. But a strange feeling while going forward....almost like you would fill a beachball halfway with something and roll it down a hill, only a part of the ball is filled at any given time and it rolls and then moves forward a little more abruptly to move what is inside the ball... it feels like that to me while driving. I owned a Tahoe prior and she drove beautifully....I have had an alignment issues before in other cars and that was again pulling heavy to left or right. This is a forward type problem. I am again, sorry for this description, but it is honestly the best way I can as I have never, ever felt anything like this while driving a vehicle. Thank you ahead of time for any help, advice, or diagnosis anyone can throw my way. I need to get this rectified asap! Please help me out !!!!

Old 05-23-2012, 06:30 PM

so it seems like its surging forward? you say this is most promanant at slow speeds, but is that at slow speed at low RPM's, or slow speed @ high RPM's.....
spooky

Old 05-23-2012, 06:45 PM
Banned

since i started reading all new posts here a few years ago,this is the best.
tell me you're not in lo lock mode...
i had to start with that.

push the 4w button the LEFT,while running in neutral

Last edited by drtom; 05-23-2012 at 06:47 PM.
Old 05-23-2012, 07:47 PM

I am not in Lock Mode....Surging forward is a good way to describe it I guess. I am not new to cars, 4x4's, trust me. This is new to me as well. I knew I would get flack for the way I described it. Just taking off from a dead stop, at a normal speed it is very noticeable, and as I gain speed not as bad, but not perfect.
Could something be severely bent? I have no idea.....again, I apologize for the analogy but if you all were in drivers seat you would understand! I just need feedback and a possible answer. Thanks again for your time!

Old 05-23-2012, 07:50 PM

You know what maybe this will help some of you.....LOL
It feels like my rims are not circular. Now,..... are ya catching what I am throwin'?? It is all up front. Nothing in the rear. I can feel it and pin point that much by sound and feel...HELP!!! :-(

Old 05-23-2012, 07:56 PM

like something in the front is hangiing up? brakes? justt trying to get what you mean

Old 05-23-2012, 08:10 PM

Would a bent rim be the cause? I am racking my brain here, recently got my ride and it is really bothering me. My passengers can feel it too. Would an alignment be the cause? Again it is an issue going forward, not a left to right pull...I do not know how else to describe it to be honest w you....there are some things that are just that rare and difficult to describe to others. If you were riding with me you would notice it from the beginning.....again, sorry for the description....I have 275-55-20's on my H3...I have never been a car with this type of issue before therefore have no idea what the heck this could be. That is why I am hoping someone on here can help me out!!

Old 05-23-2012, 10:32 PM
Banned

ok,,,so off to the local tire shop for checkup/balance/wiggle wobblde test, 20 in "rims"prob hit a stone at the mall!!

Old 05-23-2012, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by drtom
ok,,,so off to the local tire shop for checkup/balance/wiggle wobblde test, 20 in "rims"prob hit a stone at the mall!!
I really hope you are being cute rather than being anything else....This is more than a stone issue from the mall....just trying to get some help here is all. Thanks drtom.

I am playing nice, I hope you are as well. I will have them do the "wigglewobble" test....

Old 05-24-2012, 01:05 AM

Your description makes it next to impossible to have any reasonable expectation of someone on a forum diagnose the problem for you. Take it in to someone competent who can find the problem.

Quick Reply: Need HELP Please!!!! H3 Question......!!!!