PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Need help installing headrest DVD monitors

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 10:34 PM
Default Need help installing headrest DVD monitors

Hello everyone, first post here, just got an 06 H3 with the Adventure package yesterday. 1st time Hummer owner and my wife and I love it. We just got a two headrest monitors to install and I need to wire in a 12v and ground wire and I'm not sure where to do this at. I do not have electric seats, any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Old 09-15-2009, 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by jimmylee7706
Hello everyone, first post here, just got an 06 H3 with the Adventure package yesterday. 1st time Hummer owner and my wife and I love it. We just got a two headrest monitors to install and I need to wire in a 12v and ground wire and I'm not sure where to do this at. I do not have electric seats, any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
I put DVD player/monitors in my wife's 08 Alpha. It was part of a system I bought on eBay, which included an Eclipse Head unit. I ran the wires inside the seat backs, under the carpet, along with a wire bundle already there up under the dash. On each side of the console. From there, you can find a "hot" wire and ground, or, as I did, I ran a new "hot" straight from the battery to under the dash. All the fuses are out under the hood anyway, I think. They are "on" all the time, but don't draw enuff current to run down the battery any time soon. Be careful takeing the seat backs off, tho. There are strong, steel clips at each top corner, and if you are not careful, you can break the plastic the clips are mounted on. Best to pull away the plastic and seat cover to see what's in there. I then used a screwdriver to partly "fold in" the clips, then pulled straight back on the plastic seat backs.

Old 09-15-2009, 11:23 PM
Default DVD headrest

I too want to add headrest DVD system also.(2 Kids).
If anyone has pics and step by step instructions.....
Also, I am not looking for high end stuff. But how good (should I say how Bad) are the $100 DVD's on ebay?

Old 09-16-2009, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by dlinden200
I too want to add headrest DVD system also.(2 Kids).
If anyone has pics and step by step instructions.....
Also, I am not looking for high end stuff. But how good (should I say how Bad) are the $100 DVD's on ebay?
Several years ago,off eBay, I bought two screens, not players for my Pacifica. They were over $100 each and they were not very good. If I could have seen them in person, I would not have bought them. The ones in the Hummer are GM Part no. 19155596, each will play a different DVD or CD or each will play a DVD or CD and the othr can watch smae thing. The screen resolution is great. I have no idea new cost, as I got'em used.