PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

need help - getting hammered on cnn website by Hummer haters

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 05:56 PM
Default need help - getting hammered on cnn website by Hummer haters

I posted a paragraph at http://www.ireport.com/docs/DOC-30702&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; I found the link on CNN and they asked people if you would be keeping your SUV.&nbsp\\; Now, I thought my post was pretty innocent....told how I loved my Hummer and that it got me btwn 15 and 16 miles per gallon.&nbsp\\; For me, driving only 200-250 miles per week, that equates to only about 3 tanks of gas per month (1 every 10 days)....also stated that my wife has a small AWD Vue that also gets 15mpg.&nbsp\\; Stated that I would like my 3 kids to drive an SUV to keep them safe (lost 1 child 6 years ago and never want to experience that again) &nbsp\\; I got JUMPED ON by most of the posts.&nbsp\\; HOLY CR@P...there are a lot of Hummer Haters!!!!!![:@]&nbsp\\; They picked on my home, my kids, and even my neighbors (my pic that I posted had my neighbor's house in the background).&nbsp\\; Now some of my later posts may have been sarcastic, but they were pushing my buttons.&nbsp\\; I commented on a poster saying that it took my entire paycheck to fill my H3, and I responded that it took an hours pay - I was KIDDING....guess he didn't see it that way.
&nbsp\\;
What's next they going to hate all fat people (I myself could stand to peel off about 30 lbs...so I am not poking fun) and say they eat all the food???&nbsp\\; []
&nbsp\\;
Wondering if the calvery would come and bail me out by adding some pro-hummer posts to the above link??&nbsp\\; http://www.ireport.com/docs/DOC-30702
If not, at least post how you love your H2 or H3 (or even H1).
&nbsp\\;
I am sick of the Hummer Hatred.[:@]&nbsp\\; After all, doesn't the H3 get the same or better mpg than a Honda Pilot, Honda Ridgeline, Jeep Liberty, Toyota Rav4, etc???
&nbsp\\;
Anyway, let me know what you think

Old 06-04-2008, 07:22 PM
Default RE: need help - getting hammered on cnn website by Hummer haters

I just posted a complimentary and sensible comment on there for you.

Those megalomaniacal haters just need hobbies.

Nova...

Old 06-04-2008, 08:45 PM

Those people are a bunch of morons! I gave them a piece of my mind because you can't try to reason with those types. Besides I enjoy getting under their skin. [sm=icon_stickpoke.gif]

Old 06-04-2008, 08:54 PM

ORIGINAL: novasaigo

Those megalomaniacal haters just need hobbies.

Nova...
do you think those dumbasses really know what that word means??its rediculous how ignorant people can be and how their arguments are uneducated and unproven but mostly untrue. the one even said your H3 is a hazzard because its too big to see ?

Old 06-04-2008, 09:01 PM

registering to post a comment. it won't be inflammatory; it'll be calm and rational. with maybe just a hint of sarcasm.

Old 06-04-2008, 09:10 PM

posted this:

I'm curious as to where you people screaming about efficiency draw the line? 20mpg? 25? 35? 45? I get 18.1 mpg in my H3, but I log more miles on my motorcycles than my cars, and I get over 45mpg on them. Should I scream at you in your Civic that gets far less and laugh at you at the pump as I fill up for only $15? How can you be so callous about the environment by driving such an inefficient vehicle?

It's all a matter of lines drawn in the sand, and you have yours set differently, but there's always someone above you also. Try to remember that the next time you go bashing someone and making assumptions about them.

On my next trip skiing, my Hummer with 4 people, 2 dogs, suitcases, and skis/snowboards will be sure to pull over and help you out the snowbank that you crashed into in your Prius/SmartCar/Civic/Yugo/whatever that you had no business taking into the mountains in January.

Old 06-04-2008, 09:11 PM

ok, maybe it was a little inflammatory...[&:]

Old 06-04-2008, 10:16 PM

I've done my part Joe, now some advice. Stay away from liberal dominated media outlets and the nut jobs that inhabit such sites. CNN, or as we called it in the Army the Commie News Network, is not your friend.

Old 06-04-2008, 10:29 PM

ORIGINAL: RealJeep

I've done my part Joe, now some advice. Stay away from liberal dominated media outlets and the nut jobs that inhabit such sites. CNN, or as we called it in the Army the Commie News Network, is not your friend.
True - I stay away from those things just to not get drawn into petty arguments with, as Evadd said, arbitrary lines drawn in the sand

Old 06-04-2008, 10:37 PM

ORIGINAL: Evadd

posted this:

I'm curious as to where you people screaming about efficiency draw the line? 20mpg? 25? 35? 45? I get 18.1 mpg in my H3, but I log more miles on my motorcycles than my cars, and I get over 45mpg on them. Should I scream at you in your Civic that gets far less and laugh at you at the pump as I fill up for only $15? How can you be so callous about the environment by driving such an inefficient vehicle?

It's all a matter of lines drawn in the sand, and you have yours set differently, but there's always someone above you also. Try to remember that the next time you go bashing someone and making assumptions about them.

On my next trip skiing, my Hummer with 4 people, 2 dogs, suitcases, and skis/snowboards will be sure to pull over and help you out the snowbank that you crashed into in your Prius/SmartCar/Civic/Yugo/whatever that you had no business taking into the mountains in January.

NICE!!!!

Quick Reply: need help - getting hammered on cnn website by Hummer haters