PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Need help

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 12:24 AM
Bo
Default Need help

Hi guys, well I'm little bit confused about my rear dif lock. I have the H3 06 adventure package. When we were playing in Hollister Hills (CA) last Sunday I switched on the dif lock, but it looks like the rear wheels didn't lock. Maybe it was too heavy for the back or I don't know... Can anybody tell me more about this?
Thank you all for your help!!!

Ps: Here is the video what happened that day http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhJ1d...e=channel_page

Old 03-18-2009, 09:41 AM

Were you in the 4WD-Lock-Low? That is the only mode in which the differential lock works.

Old 03-18-2009, 09:54 AM
Bo

Yes I was, I know how to do it. That's the problem I dont know why it didn't spin.

Old 03-18-2009, 02:41 PM
Super Moderator

Refresher from the 06 Manual:

To lock the rear axle, do the following:
1. Place the transfer case in the 4LO Lock mode. This is the only mode which will allow the rear axle to lock. See All-Wheel Drive on page 2-22 for more information regarding the transfer case and
4LO Lock mode.

2. Press the button with the vehicle stopped or moving less than 2 mph (3 km/h).
You must wait for the light in the button to stop flashing and remain illuminated before the rear axle is locked.

Notice: If you try to lock the rear axle while your vehicle is stuck and the tires are spinning, you could damage your vehicle’s drivetrain. The repairs would not be covered by your warranty. Always lock the rear axle before attempting situations and/or navigating terrain which could possibly cause the vehicle to become stuck.
The locking rear axle will be disengaged when the wheel speed is greater than 20 mph (32 km/h), if the vehicle’s battery is low and/or the transfer case is shifted
out of 4LO Lock mode.

bflank asked about #1. How about #2. When did you try to engage it, and did the button light remain on after flashing??

If yes, you should try it on some grass to test it. If it still does not work, have it looked at for a faulty electric switch/actuator. I did not heare any damage in your vid at all, so mechanically it probably is fine. Cool vid.

Old 03-18-2009, 09:35 PM
Bo
Smile

Thanks for help guys, I did switch it on when we were on the hill (where the video start) when I switched the 4LO Lock I can hear it, but I didn't hear anything when I switched on the buton to rear axle lock and yes the light remain on, it didn't even flash (it newer does).
Thanks again!!!!!!
Ps: here are some more videos from that day http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...ery=bozanek111

Last edited by Bo; 03-18-2009 at 09:38 PM.