PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Need Brush Guard Part Sizes

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 02:28 AM
Default Need Brush Guard Part Sizes

For the infinite hassle that Kachina Hummer has put me through, they provided me with a free brush guard. The trouble is it was only free if I put it in myself, with no parts kit. LOL

So I was hoping someone knew what bolt sizes, washers, etc, are needed for the install. Yeah, I could just eye ball it and hit Lowes/Home Depot, but I would feel better knowing I used the same sized/quality gear that is officially used. I tried a few internet searches but I didn't have much luck.

Old 04-30-2007, 11:08 AM
Default RE: Need Brush Guard Part Sizes

While I don't recall the exact sizes here I believe the bolts fastening it to the stock mounting location was in the 2-2.5" category on my SMA brushguard. Granted, it also attaches to the hood hinge location with a set of 1-1.5" bolts. Anyway, moving on. The stock location only required 4 washers all together. Now, if you need to attach it to the hood hinge bolts as well, you will need an additional two washer and a couple of .75" (I think) spacers.
If you pop the lower grille trim off you should see the 4 mounting holes for the BG. Try some old bolts you've gotlaying around and once you get a fit, take it with you and go get some stainless steel ones :-)

As far as getting the actual mounting kit ... if it's the GM/OEM, why not contact the dealer? They may be able to order a kit if it's actually possible. If not, check ebay and see if you have any luck!

Old 04-30-2007, 04:34 PM

Easiest way...remove 1 of each bolt go to hardware store match them (don't worry you can take the H nothing will fall off) ZYNE has the right lengths above get a dozen washers and have at it... DO NOT stress the grill bolts.. space it with the washers...did mine last month

Old 04-30-2007, 04:49 PM

BigGuy, there are no bolts to be removed bro .. the mounting holes are empty. And definitely don't strain those hood hinge bolts. Either make a spacer of some steel tubing or pack up with washers, either way works though the washers will probably be a better choice!

Old 04-30-2007, 06:31 PM

Mine had bolts..and washers..i wonder if the dealer removed one that had been installed before I bought it. I went across to my neighbors and as you said ZANE ,no bolts just holes...sorry hudson

Old 04-30-2007, 06:37 PM

If you are going to call me ZANE, at least put "IN" infront of it, ok LOL! All joking aside, yeah, sounds like yours had something taken off.I had two VERY muddy bolt holes but no bolts lol ...

Old 04-30-2007, 07:21 PM

ZYNE when you get old like me you'll understand being forgetful ...when I walked across the street to look at my friends H2 for the bolts I had to go back a second time cause I forgot why I went the first time....sorry