PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Navigation's iPod adapter keeps cutting out

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 12:42 AM
Default Navigation's iPod adapter keeps cutting out

So the previous owner has an iPod hookup coming out of my T's factory navigation. I turn to XM1 and listen to my iPod for about 10 minutes, then it cuts out to only the front right speaker. And I get that loud 90's computer processor sound through the speakers, you know the static kind of scratchy sound all computers back then made when they were thinking too hard? I can still listen to my music, I just have to turn up the volume a lot more.

I've tried having the volume at max on my iPod before hooking it up. I've tried turning off the feature that increases volume with road noise. Nothing has made a difference.

I can hardly stand today's radio, so I'm constantly using my iPod. I'd really like to keep my factory navigation too. Because if I get something new it's going to be a plain cd deck, no way am I spending the $$ for an aftermarket navigation since I have a Garmin and iPhone gps.

Old 01-22-2013, 01:48 AM

those iPod adapter are junk had one back it 07 that would lock up the iPod and would have to restart the car to get it to work again, tried my hand at another model a few months ago and it barely worked called the company and they said its a known problem with the h3.

one thing you can do is trace were its hooked up at either behind the radio or in the glove box right on top the xm receiver. just make sure all the connections are seated properly. Also find who made it and see if they'll take it back

Old 01-23-2013, 01:38 AM

I just installed the Sony XDP-MU110 Digital Link Sound System in mine last week.

Sony XDP-MU110 Digital Link Sound System Factory system upgrade module with cradle for iPhone® or iPod touch® at Crutchfield.com

It's a DSP/Ipod/iphone interface/amplifier that splices between the headunit's speaker output and the speakers. The built-in amplifier / ipod dock lets you play from the ipod/iphone directly without having to go through the headunit. It improved the existing sound of my non-monsoon system and the ir remote for controlling the iPod is a plus.

It's on clearance at crutchfield for $50 (Regularly $250). It sure beats one of those universal ipod adapter kits especially for this price. They also have another version that comes with a subwoofer.

P.S. The install was a pain due to all of the wire splicing but other than that it turned out pretty well.

Hope this helps,
-Tim